free website stats program 2008 Street Glide limp mode | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 Street Glide limp mode

Hoople, you say that I bike will not actually be in limp mode unless code P1510 is present. But what mode is considered when the bike goes into a "reduced power" mode with codes P1511 and P2135? I have had a problem with my 2008 as well.

Hoople will jump in here, but P1511 is the limp code (P1510 typo?). The P1511 and P2135 happened on my "08 SG between 25,000 and 30,000 miles in which the molex connectors were replaced on the plug behind the air cleaner. Have 63,000+ on the bike now with no issues. There are several threads addressing this issue with the two codes, P1511 and P2135. Chuck's codes are a different gig in which he'll keep us in the loop with the end diagnosis. Hope this helps.

Hoople will jump in here, but P1511 is the limp code (P1510 typo?). The P1511 and P2135 happened on my "08 SG between 25,000 and 30,000 miles in which the molex connectors were replaced on the plug behind the air cleaner. Have 63,000+ on the bike now with no issues. There are several threads addressing this issue with the two codes, P1511 and P2135. Chuck's codes are a different gig in which he'll keep us in the loop with the end diagnosis. Hope this helps.

Dang typos :small3d031: Thanks Craiglee it does help because I thought my bike was in limp mode. I couldn't imagine what else it could have been. Unfortunately, this is the second time it has happened and the pins in the TCA connector have already been replaced. Only 21K on my bike but I do expect this to happen again.:wall

Dang typos :small3d031: Thanks Craiglee it does help because I thought my bike was in limp mode. I couldn't imagine what else it could have been. Unfortunately, this is the second time it has happened and the pins in the TCA connector have already been replaced. Only 21K on my bike but I do expect this to happen again.:wall

Hmmmm... :small3d031: Anyone?

Have them check the Throttle by wire plug connection at the throttle body...The wire breaks at the pin connection inside the plug...It's a flat plug looks like an old trailer light plug...This is a common problem on the '08s...You can reattach the wire to the pin with out replacing the whole plug

I thought my bike was in limp mode. I couldn't imagine what else it could have been. Unfortunately, this is the second time it has happened and the pins in the TCA connector have already been replaced. Only 21K on my bike but I do expect this to happen again.:wall

Depending on the year of the bike, the firmware level may have more error codes. Take a look at this attachment. I didn't realize that there are 3 limp modes codes until now. (or levels of limp mode depending on how serious it is)
It is for a 2009 but it should help.

Attachments

• Power Management.pdf
    55 KB · Views: 20
It didn't go into limp mode. If it did you would have a limp mode code (P1510) which you don't have.
P0131, P0132, P0151, P0152 codes are not generic. When installing a Cobra, do you need to dead head the O2 sensor plugs? Are the O2 sensors still wired up like they are from the factory.

Hoople is right,even if you have the Cobra model you'll get the front and rear codes for the injectors. But thats not to say the tuner is not bad.

P0151 REAR O2 SENSOR LOW, P0152 REAR O2 SENSOR HIGH, P0131 FRONT O2 SENSOR LOW, P0132 FRONT O2 SENSOR HIGH.

If I was a gambling man I'd say that your tuner is having issues. I had the Cobra version that utilized the O2 sensors and I woul get the front and rear O2 sensor codes but I would only get 1 code for each O2 sensor(don't remember if it was high or low) but I never got both high and low codes for both sensors. Even when I got the codes the bike still ran OK.

Hope this helps.

So it turned out to be the ECM module behind the air cleaner. The whole unit was replaced plenum and all.

I had heard of the plug that plugs into the unit having issues but this was not the case for me.

Lucky for me it was covered under my extended warranty.

I am back in businesss. It's great to be riding again

So what happend to the module? Did they say?

Sorry - They did not say what the actual failure was. They did say that they had to replace the whole unit because the ECM and Plenum are all one unit.

I have wrenched on older cars but have not delved into wrenching bikes, especially newer ones.

Back