free website stats program 2008 Anniversary Color...Is it worth the money?? | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 Anniversary Color...Is it worth the money??

Hey guys, I am wondering how do you guys like the cooper/black color? I just learned from the dealer that it cost about $1000 more than the 2 tones ones.
I am shopping for my 1st Ultra, 2nd HD, and I am not sure if is the color that I like or it just because it is a Anniversary edition... By the way, I also like the White Gold/Black two tone. What do you think????

PS: Is ABS worth the extra money also???
Thanks
David

ABS ? No Thanks, I won't even have it on a car. I'll decide if I need to lock-up 1 or both breaks myself.
ABS takes away 1/3 of your steering ability!! :no:no:no

If Harley sales the bike you want, in the color you want, get it, you'll be way happier down the rode.
Choosing the color of one's bike is a very personal thing. Myself I like Black & Chrome or Flat Silver!! But my brother by a different mother is into Blue bikes and Wide White wall tires :D
It's one of the few real choices you have in life!!! :42::42::42:

ABS ? No Thanks, I won't even have it on a car. I'll decide if I need to lock-up 1 or both breaks myself.
ABS takes away 1/3 of your steering ability!! :no:no:no

If Harley sales the bike you want, in the color you want, get it, you'll be way happier down the rode.
Choosing the color of one's bike is a very personal thing. Myself I like Black & Chrome or Flat Silver!! But my brother by a different mother is into Blue bikes and Wide White wall tires :D
It's one of the few real choices you have in life!!! :42::42::42:
I agree with the second part of your statement--- get the one that makes you happy!! The 1st part --I have a ?-- how does the ABS effect the scooter in steering and locking up both brakes? I am just asking,don't mean nothing negative!!

Just my .02

Welcome to the forum.

I don't care for the new black and gold, I think it's a bad shade of copper actually and does nothing for the bike and pay extra for it? NO WAY!
It's a personal choice.

As far as ABS goes. I don't care for it. Truth is that the ABS actually takes more distance to stop than the same bike without it, but it is a more controlled stop with the ABS. I really can't see where steering would be badly affected being the wheel is still rotating and in contact so your steering should remain stable with the ABS.

But my brother by a different mother is into Blue bikes and Wide White wall tires :D

Yep the beautiful one:taunt

I agree with the second part of your statement--- get the one that makes you happy!! The 1st part --I have a ?-- how does the ABS effect the scooter in steering and locking up both brakes? I am just asking,don't mean nothing negative!!
To change directions you have 3 options, Turn the handlebar, lean the bike, or lock up the rear end and slid it around. 1 & 2 are preferred but at times #3 is your only choice. :shock

That's what I was trying to figure out what it reminded me of, the duracell battery colors. You hit that one right square on the head.

Back