free website stats program 2007 VRSCDX Night Rod Special | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 VRSCDX Night Rod Special

Take a ride on the new "Nightster." She is pretty fast, low to the ground, big rear tire and rides like a dream. :cool:

G'day Crew

I took one of these for a test ride a few weeks back. Go like an absolute scalded cat! I really liked it.

I was informed there is a 12 month wait for one here in Oz. I had already ordered an FXDC, so it didn't matter much.

Nice bike, though.

Ride on.

Snake.h

I just got mine. Never before has a bike grabbed my attention like this one did. I saw it on the Harley site, and it was all over from there. Walked in to my local dealer, and they had just gotten one in, hadn't even set it up for display yet, and I bought it on the spot.

As an owner of 2 previous Harley's, and 3 Kaw's, I have to say this bike beats them all hands down. The stability of this thing at high speeds is incredible (granted, it's my first V-Rod, so those experienced with them may not find that surprising.)

I'm still breaking her in, so I haven't even come close to finding out what she can do, but so far, it's been incredible.

Only 350 more miles to go! It will be the longest 350 miles of my life, I'm afraid...

I am obsessed with the night rod special. It looks awesome and you guys have already discussed its performance.
My dealer in Delaware currently doesn’t have a stock of it :17: , as it is selling like hot cakes.
My question is:6:
I am 6’6 and can I ride it comfortably?
Price of 2007 night rod (msrp price is 16000)?
I will greatly appreciate your response.
Thanks

Gooday,

Here we are 1st Nov 2007 My vrscdx is due to be builtin one month & I'll recieve it in Australia in mid Feb 2008.

It has the 1250 motor & slipperclutch. I have ordered the worshop manual & it is now overdue, at least I canmemorise the bike prior to recieving, so I do not ask dumb questions, & can bolt on all the estras myself.

Steve Taylor :)

post aI am riding a 2007 VRSCDX and I consider it a great bike. As for being seen, as indicated in previous posts, ride like your invisible and the car or truck in front of you might spin out due to a flat etc.. etc... I follow the three second rule, stay away from cars which are banged up or not taken cazre of, stay in a safe pocket of traffic; typically no on to my immeidate right or left-for sudden swirv tactics, follow behind the tires of a car rather then down the middle...you get the drift, its about survival which has nothing to do with being seen, it has everything to do with knowing that you are not!

Carry-on and buy the bike!

harley sells a seat that will move you up 1.5 inches, I am 5'6 and it did the trick

Great bike, I suggest if you are concerned about being seen that you consider that you are never seen. The HURT report which you can access online makes that clear...no matter what most cagers who collide with a bike as in the case of my accident with a tow truck in 83 say " I did not see the bike". There are various reasons for this some based on visual perception etc.. So I follow theswe steps:
1. Always stay three seconds back-I've seen what a car or truck can do when a front tire blows out at 60mph, typically the car will about-face and head in your direction, which leads me to number point#2

2. Maintain space all around and stay out of blind spots, keep moving don't be static

3. Stay away from mini vans and cars which show evidence of being in an accident--if they don't care about their car, chances are they won't care about you!

Back