free website stats program 2007 FXSTC 96 WITH 67k--BROKE IN OR WORN OUT?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 FXSTC 96 WITH 67k--BROKE IN OR WORN OUT??

Yeah--thanks. Im not much of a wrench but I could be for that price!!!

On different note did about 250 miles today and she ran great. I did notice on a couple of runs up to 100 mph she pulled stronger than the 91 fxrsp I used to have.

Good to know on the bottom end Jennmarr. Have you had to do a top end yet?
tourbox

I don't know that I "had" to do a top end, but I did this winter. It is now 103 cubic inches and makes just shy of 110hp and 112 pounds feet of torque.

ON any new purchase bike:

Check the compression WRITE it down for future reference...(you always forget)

IF low on one OR both, Plan doing a top end job and give it some Snap, some head work, larger bore, cams, lifters, exhaust and a TUNE....(HD's Pro Race Tuner):D

Change all fluids and LOOK to see what is on the magnetic plugs...
Some cut the oil filter and have a look inside also.

IF a crank is going out like on that friends 2000 mentioned above, I'd Bet there are long shinny Slivers of metal on that oil drain plug...

2000's had problems with hardened surface Peeling of the crank pin...BUT at 75,000 ????? (my 2000 crank went at 14,000 miles)

Just a few NEEDED things mentioned above...

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks all for input!! It seems that bottom is pretty solid re reliability. Thoughts on top end appreciated. Not burning oil so it seems no issues for moment. Previous owner did keep records but mostly did own work per logs. Dealer suggested total fluid change service. $250!!! That typical??
WAP.gif

That included his tip!:lolrolling

Back