free website stats program 2007 FLHX, 31,000 mlies and roaring | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 FLHX, 31,000 mlies and roaring

I've had the rear tire off with the bike on a jack and rolled the drive sproket by pulling the belt like you'd pull start a lawn mower and you can hear the noise that's as far as i got.

well, i tore it down yesterday, found the bearing on the main out put gear hammered! the inside row of ball bearings was fine, the outside was done. between the 2 dealerships in the area i got all the parts, should have it running tomorrow. the double row ball bearing only failed on the outside row, is this a lack of oil thing...oil not getting to the out side row, bearing defect, water intrusion or what? i wonder how long it will last this time. everything else in the trans looked and felt good.*

lack of oil i would bet . The local indy here i talk to has said the trap door bearing are going on the 6 speeds to .. ill talk to him about main output gear bearing

cool, i'm worried about this being a re-occuring event because i changed the oil every 5K, and at each change the oil looked like new, except for the last one, the oil looked like it came out of the motor.

Back