free website stats program 2007, 2008, 2009 Dynas | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

2007, 2008, 2009 Dynas

I have no problems with the fifth gear whine, I have never heard it. The Low Rider while discontinued is set up for two up and is a great riding bike. While the touring models have all the bells and whistles are seldom used for what they were intended for "touring" and if you are riding local and in bad traffic its a grind riding it. I see most of them parked outside a local watering hole with few miles on them.

After considerably more checking, test riding, and discussing with the wife (who doesn't like the look of the Fat Bob, even though I love it...), I'm settling on the Low Rider. Just fits me the best, the most comfortable and easy handling of all the Dynas I road. Just kept going back and forth ad nauseum between the super glide custom, the fat bob, and the low riders.

Now me and ebay are going to do some serious negotiating for a 2007 or 2008 low mileage low rider. Just did the efiling for taxes, and should get that refunded within a week or so. My first attempt at e-filing -- much easier than doing by hand!

Hopefully next time I post it will be as the proud owner of a new (to me) Low Rider!!!

Well, I did the deed...

Found a 2007 bike on Ebay and bought it today!!! I'm so excited I can't hardly stand it.

2007 fxdc with 2,800 miles on it for about 8,500. The only thing is not my first choice of color. I can always get it painted! I had settled on a low rider, but really not much difference.

Now just have to work out the Ebay details -- definitely an Ebay virgin.

Thanks for everybody's help and advice!! Wouldn't have had the confidence to do it without the help. Much appreciated.

Welcome to the forum Jim. I think you would be very happy with any year dyna you buy, the 07 & later do have more torque and I would be happy with just a stage 1 where as a 88'' I would have to big bore it with cams to really make me happy. But still no 6 speed. I don't know of any real problems with the 07 & up and if there were they would be fixed by now. 2010 super glide would be my pick of the litter but I also really like the 2010 street bob too. If you can swing a monthly payment I would go new, the warranty is a real plus and I like the new 5th gear in the 6 speed trans. Get input from the rest of the forum, but when you sit on the right one you'll know. Good luck

06 dynas are 6 speed

I have a 2007 Dyna Low Rider, bought it in Oct 2007. My input would be go used. I got mine with 175, yes, 175 miles on it and $4,000 off what my two local dealers were selling leftover new '07's for. Maybe dealers will negotiate more now but you will always do better getting a very clean barely used machine. The savings allow for an extended warranty if used makes you nervous. If you plan on modding the engine better let Harley do it or the extended warranty may be toast.
I have ridden mine coast to coast solo and a few 2k long trips solo as well. The stock seat was too hard, I went wider and always have the stocker seat available for short trips.
Bike negatives: You need a windscreen for long rides or really any highway I think. The pax will need a sissy bar, I went detachable peg style for that and bags. My wifes max on this bike is around 300 miles per day, mixed highway and country. At high altitude and hot out west the bike pings. Put the best fluids in it you can and consider a Power Commander or similar EFI mod. The bike runs too hot/lean for sure.
The Dyna has the power, gearing and size to do fun country afternoon rides or some long haul IMO. That versatility makes it a great choice for you and your passenger.

I think I have the best of all... She's a 2008 Dyna Wide Glide that I received for/on Father's Day (in Maryland in 2008 while visiting there) from my family. Due to my previous injuries in Iraq, the forward controls were extended another 3" and she had a detachable sissy-bar (for wifey) and saddle-bags put on (for my cane etc). I have over 10,000 miles on her now (started with 7 miles) and have 2 issues with her that would have been very minor except that my dealership here in Hawaii seems to be lost, dazed, and confused.

First Issue - Constant stalling at stops... After 5 trips to dealer... and their "No Problem Found" statements, they finally figured out that she just needed a new simple ECM download... problem fixed.

Second Issue - A constant "Clunking" noise from her front end/suspension... After being treated like I have serious mental problems with another "No Problem Found" issue, and fighting with them since before the 1,000 mile service. I just found out via the forums that there has been a H-D Bulletin (TSB M-1215B) out since early 2008 (before I even got my bike) on the problem and the required fix for it.

And my honest conclusion is: My 2008 Wide Glide is great... totally love it... No other problems or leaks. However... The dealership here really (EDIT)... No other way to say it!! Find yourself a great dealer (ask the guys here who is good), get yourself a 2007 or newer bike, and you'll be set. If you're anywhere around Frederick, Maryland... Go see Jason Markwell and he will take really good care of you (gave me very fair price, set up and modified my bike via phone call info, stayed open late on Father's Day for me to get it on the proper day my family wanted, etc, etc, etc). If you're in Hawaii... Well... I can't help much or recommend anything (and I grew up here in Kona... HINT). Hope this helps out.

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Attachments

• Bike1W.jpg
    Bike1W.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Bike3W.jpg
    Bike3W.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Bike2W.jpg
    Bike2W.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 16
I am on my second Dyna, first was 2000 Low Rider, just traded in this year for a 2010 FXDC. I feel the Dynas are a great ride and are easy to handle (especially at 5'6"). My FXDC came with a more aggressive seat (similar to a Badlander) and looks great, but does not offer the same cushion as my last ride. Definitely would not be comfortable for the passenger after 100 miles. Would probably want to change out the seat, lot of options out there.

I have a 06 street bob that was a 88 with stage 1 with thunderheader exhaust and it would dust any 96 I rode with, a friend had 07 street glide with a 96 with a tuner exhaust air etc and still dusted him, he was choked.

Back