free website stats program 2006 WG fork lock won't line up with the the hole. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2006 WG fork lock won't line up with the the hole.

not sure where exactly everything is lining up but alot of times if you turn the steering slightly back from completely left it will line the plunger and hole

Thanks for you help every one.

Well i lifted the bike and found no play and the fall away test check good. so i went further loosen the stem nut and loosened the pinch bolts tapped it with a rubber mallet the re torqued the nut and the pinch bolts now all back together and still no JOY. i am going to bring it to my local indy dealer and take out the bearings to repack then. Thanks for every ones help. I will post he's results later.

If there was no looseness in the head and the fallaway was correct and you feel no bumping or roughness when you swing the forks, I'm not sure you want to go to the expense of disassembling the front end. Does your bike have the stop lugs on the lower tripple tree or is it an internal fork stop?

It has an external stop on the neck and it is smooth thru out the range. I just cant lock the forks in the lock position. Thanks. I will have to look at a another WG

When you had the forks facing forward and you could get the key to move the lock to full extension could you wiggle the portion of the lock that is extended?

When you had the forks facing forward and you could get the key to move the lock to full extension could you wiggle the portion of the lock that is extended?

I can use one finger and push up on the extended portion and the key moves up freely with ease. I did not try it side to side. It looks like the extended portion does no line up with the lower tree hole off centered. i will clean and lube the extended portion also the hole in the tree is Now rough up from me messing with it.

Hello all

I found the problem!!!!!! As it turns out the plunger assy below shifted down and aft. The key portion rotated counter clockwise about .050. All i did was tap it with a brass punch and it moved fwd and now it lines up with the center hole in the lower tree. I just want to say thanks to everyone that helped me!!!!! Now i hope it stays in there in place. Thanks again

Nice going, glad you found the problem. There must be something in the assy that keeps it from rotating. Maybe a shered pin or key?

Nice going, glad you found the problem. There must be something in the assy that keeps it from rotating. Maybe a shered pin or key?
Good Thought.

I did mark it this time. so if rotates this time i will catch it. Thanks rich.

Back