free website stats program 2006 WG fork lock won't line up with the the hole. | Harley Davidson Forums

2006 WG fork lock won't line up with the the hole.

rjsogard

Hello all

Yesterday i went to lock the front forks on my 06WG and the plunger(PIN) would NOT go in the lower tree. I have no indication of a WG clunk but the alingment pin is off and the lock does work. any ideas?

Lube lock and operate numerous time. Then try to lock forks and see if it works...

Maybe lock has turned slightly in holder causing it not to align properly???

Thanks HDDON
The plunger is out side the hole on the lower tree do you think i have head bearing gone bad with no clunk? Thanks again.

Have you tried raising the front wheel to see if there is any loosness in the head bearings? I really don't think you could ride the bike if there is excessive movement in the head bearings, but you could rule it out by pulling and pushing on the forks with the wheel off the ground.

Try locking the fork in the straight forward position then bumping it left and right. Then center the front end, unlock and move the fork to the left and locking it. Worked for me. When in doubt, lube the lock. In the wind.
Pops

Try locking the fork in the straight forward position then bumping it left and right. Then center the front end, unlock and move the fork to the left and locking it. Worked for me. When in doubt, lube the lock. In the wind.
Pops

Thanks pop's
I can turn the key all the way with the front end straight and the plunger comes all the way out but when i try to lock it in the normal position the plunger hits the lower tree causing the key to turn half way. the plunger is aft of the locking hole. I will put it on the stand today to ck for movement. Thanks again.

Back