free website stats program 2006 FXDL/I 6th Gear Indicator | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2006 FXDL/I 6th Gear Indicator

I should have the 6th gear light on this bike. I can see the icon for the light in the speedometer face about 8:00 position but it never lights up. Have to find me a HD supertech to give me some troubleshooting ideas. Any supertechs out there??
tdpinokc

I should have the 6th gear light on this bike. I can see the icon for the light in the speedometer face about 8:00 position but it never lights up. Have to find me a HD supertech to give me some troubleshooting ideas. Any supertechs out there??
tdpinokc

Chopper probably knows:s

Not a Supertech but by chance have you changed your Primary sprocket ratio from factory. That is have you changed you clutch basket gear or compensator sprocket to a different ratio?
And do you have the ORIGINAL ECM in the bike. That light is a function of ECM firmware.

I believe it was a new feature starting in 07.

Sure does look like it Glider. I wonder what he is doing with a speedo head that has the LED. Wonder if the feature was used on year earlier but different model that uses same speedo head as Dyna.. Strange.

My Low Rider is stock, no sproket/pulley changes, original ECM. The bike only has 2500 miles since new. Just bought it in Sept. (with 1800 miles).

Really strange because on page 4 and page 22 of the document Glider provided, it seems to imply that 2007 was the year for that feature.

If you have the HD service manual for your bike, it would have to be visible on the schematic. And if it is on the schematic, I would say you have the feature. (Would not be hard to troubleshoot)

Appreciate all the help. I just looked in the Service Manual wiring diagram and don't see any indicator light wiring in the speedo for "6th Gear". Now I'll really hit you with some strange stuff. I can go in and do a set up to read the trouble codes (DTC) by having start/run switch in run, holding trip reset button down, and turning key on to ignition, this momentarily turns on all indicator lights and needle makes a full sweep before the "Diag" message comes on.... well gues what light comes on in the speedo during this process............you guessed it, the 6th Gear indicator light comes on bright and green. I'm pretty well confused at this point. Never had the light up to this point, don't expect I'll have it any time soon.

thanks all

Back