free website stats program 2006 FXDI 35th Anniversary Super Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

2006 FXDI 35th Anniversary Super Glide

I have a 2007 fxdc on order. the same bike, but for the white paint job. the main difference is the Au$3745 saving on last years "special"!!!
What if any mods have you made,? eg. air filter, pipes, cams etc?

Snake

I have a 2007 fxdc on order. the same bike, but for the white paint job. the main difference is the Au$3745 saving on last years "special"!!!
What if any mods have you made,? eg. air filter, pipes, cams etc?

Snake

I put Vance and Hines Big Radius pipes with new jetting on it, as well as a shorty windscreen, and because I don't like bags I put the mid-size passenger rest with chrome baggage carrier.
I'm also looking at the stock engine guard, but it doesn't look great, and I also want heated grips as much of my season it's just plain cold.
I scored a pretty good deal on my FXDI as I bought from a small town vendor who was having trouble selling it - most of his clients are softail riders - so I bought it for $18,900 CAN. Other stores sold theirs for the full $24,000 last spring.

Hi Chasman

I have forward controls added and will wait 'til 1st service for pipes K&N air cleaner and a mapping unit from one of the suppliers. there are a few out there and I've started a thread seeking advice from the people who know - HDT users. Hopefully it won't be too tough. I also want a quick hitch screen for touring and will get some throwover leather bags I reckon.

of course these are all functional, there will be the adjustments purely for form - handgrips, brake pedal, bullet indicators........ etc.

You've also got the 98 where mine has the 88. What mods have you got planned?

I just read an article testing the K&N. I'll try to find it and send it to you.

As my bike is parked half of the year due to winter conditions mods are one of my favorite hobbies. Would prefer to ride...

Chasman

Beaut. thanks Chasman, all advice, help appreciated.

How long 'til it warms up for you to get some serious cruising happening. I mentioned in another post that "officially' it is autumn, but it's forecast for 37oC tomorrow here where I live - and don't have my bike!!!

Snake

We still have lots of snow on the ground, and it's -7 C right this minute. Probably another month before I can ride every day. STill ski season up here; best snow in the Rockies that I've seen in 20 years. Was in Jasper this past weekend, and we had six inches of new powder on the hill.

37 C. Nice. When your bike arrives, will you be able to ride year around?

What have you in mind for throw over bags? I'm just starting to do some research...

Chasman

Last edited:
G'day Chasman

all year round for sure, actually sometimes, believe it or not, it is too hot to ride!!!

Not sure about the bags, there are a few websites that have all different accessories from various manufacturers. I'm out in the "bush" - about 500kms due west of Sydney, so internet purchasing is helpful for me. Screens are on the shopping list also. My wife is about to have our 1st baby (end of May), so a sissybar/rack aren't really screaming out to be bought just now.

I'm getting anxious about my bike. The dealer hasn't given me a firm pickup date yet! it was supposed to be in Australia last Sunday, but no confirmation from the dealer.

Ride on!

Snake

I do most of my shopping on the internet too, as the local shops have limited selection.
I put the shortest version of the Harley screen on my bike, and I'll let you know what I think once I've had a ride with it. Can't stand looking through a sheild, especially whens it raining.
Let me know when your ride arrives.

Back