free website stats program 2005 Road King Cold Exhaust | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2005 Road King Cold Exhaust

Welcome to The Forum, Stock exhaust the left pipe is a falsey until you roll on the throttle:s

Got any charts or graphs of that response?
Enjoy,
Rich P

The left muffler head pipe is at more than a 90 degree angle to the exhaust flow coming out of the rear cylinder, so the gasses just flow past the junction.
At wide open throttle, the exhaust volume/pressure increases enough that some is forced out the left muffler. I removed the baffle from my S.E.left muffler ( it was quite rusty) and could not hear any difference until w.o.t. So most of the time, the left muffler is mostly decoration.

I have a suspicion that the way the bagger exhausts are configured is why they tend to pop when you put on real free-flowing slip-ons. My theory is that on decel, air is actually being sucked in through the left side and mixing with the exhaust flow, hence popping and such. Notice that not only is the flow hindered by angles and such, but the stock slip ons are actually choked off a bit on the left side.

My Hooker Tuned-Flows were impossible to get to not pop. Even my Monster Ovals will pop under certain conditions of decel. It might be that some new headpipes that flow more evenly would not pop unless you had a leak somewhere.

That's my theory and I'm sticking with it...

Enjoy,
Rich P

I have a suspicion that the way the bagger exhausts are configured is why they tend to pop when you put on real free-flowing slip-ons. My theory is that on decel, air is actually being sucked in through the left side and mixing with the exhaust flow, hence popping and such. Notice that not only is the flow hindered by angles and such, but the stock slip ons are actually choked off a bit on the left side.

My Hooker Tuned-Flows were impossible to get to not pop. Even my Monster Ovals will pop under certain conditions of decel. It might be that some new headpipes that flow more evenly would not pop unless you had a leak somewhere.

That's my theory and I'm sticking with it...

Enjoy,
Rich P

Bad theory, true duals will also pop when decel.

Back