free website stats program 2003 Road King Throttle Body | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

2003 Road King Throttle Body

Being as you have already paid for the part anything I can say will only cost you more $$. I'm an old toolmaker and my first thought is to find a small machine shop and take the broken shaft in and have a replacement made. Good luck with your parts search.

Well, I called Buds Motorcycles in Austin, Tx. Last Friday. They told me that all they wanted to do was to go over the part and see if it checked out ok. I called again on Monday and they told me the same thing. After the part checks out, he will supposedly call me for my shipping info. Well, it's been almost a week. How long does it take to look at a part? I haven't heard a word from them. Beginning to think that Buds couldn't give a darn.

Last edited by a moderator:
:bigsmiley12: Got my new (used) throttle body today and installed it. After almost a month, I got my bike back! Bought it thru Ebay from a seller called Jordancycles located in N. Carolina. Extremely fast shipment and a very, clean, almost new part. Looked thru their ebay store and looks like they have quite a selection of good used parts.

I STILL haven't heard from Bud's Motorcycles regarding the throttle body he said he had in his hand. They won't be getting a call from me anymore for anything. :bigsmiley19:

Anyways, pretty simple 30-45 min job replacing the throttle body. Thanks for everyones input. Jordancycles has my business.

I just dicovered today that i have the same problem 2003 fatboy broken throttle shaft on side of tps sensor at screw.have yu had any luck getting the part?I was hoping to replace just the shaft. Mike

I live in canada I have one off my 2003 road king did some major motor work and replaced mine with a 48 mm throttle body it's for sale if you want it pm me
WAP.gif

Back