free website stats program 2003 Road King, high pitch noise | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2003 Road King, high pitch noise

Well, I had it on the lift tonight and checked out the alignment and belt tension. Seems I was off a little on both. The belt had about an inch of play and the belt seemed to be riding the outside of the pulley. I made the adjustment on the belt to 1/2 inch of play and it also seemed to help on the pulley position, now I have about a 1/16 of a inch on the outside of the pulley. Measured both sides and they are within a 1/16 of a inch.

Also noticed my touring link hex nut had come loose on the link, don't know why, going to keep an eye on that. Have about a 1000 miles since putting it on. Going to check the front motor mount next. Thanks guys for the help, hopefully this does the trick. Mark

That was it, the belt and alignment was the problem. Had the bike out tonight and no more high pitch squeal. Thanks guys for your help!!

But, had a problem with the touring link, seems that I get more vibration with the unit. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks again for the help....Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Back