free website stats program 2002 Heritage Misfiring _ Please help | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2002 Heritage Misfiring _ Please help

Ok, I'll try it.
BTW Thanks for all the help you guys are sending. I just hate taking it to the dealer until I am at least sure what is wrong. And this is one of those problems that is hard to diagnose because there are so many possible causes.

Ok, I'll try it.
BTW Thanks for all the help you guys are sending. I just hate taking it to the dealer until I am at least sure what is wrong. And this is one of those problems that is hard to diagnose because there are so many possible causes.
That's what we're here for, good luck.

This is the only diagnostic code I get.
5 Current 63 ECM serial data low
6 Current 63 ECM serial data open/high
7 Current 63 TSSM serial data low
8 Current 63 TSSM serial data open/high
My security system works fine so that tells me the TSSM is OK. Therefore the misfiring problem I have must be caused by the ECM serial data low, open or high. Does this mean my ECM is fried or can it be reprogrammed? If it is fried where can I get anew one. I checked J&P and Dennis Kirk and didn't find one at either of those. I really hate buying parts from the dealer. You know what they say HD doesn't mean Harley Davidson it means hundreds of Dollars!

This is the only diagnostic code I get.
5 Current 63 ECM serial data low
6 Current 63 ECM serial data open/high
7 Current 63 TSSM serial data low
8 Current 63 TSSM serial data open/high
My security system works fine so that tells me the TSSM is OK. Therefore the misfiring problem I have must be caused by the ECM serial data low, open or high. Does this mean my ECM is fried or can it be reprogrammed? If it is fried where can I get anew one. I checked J&P and Dennis Kirk and didn't find one at either of those. I really hate buying parts from the dealer. You know what they say HD doesn't mean Harley Davidson it means hundreds of Dollars!
Not so fast, the TSSM could still be in play here, and would be a lot cheaper than an ECM, they rarely go bad. An ECM can be reflashed, but if it is not bad it will do you not much good

Thanks Jack but I gave up and took it to the cycle Doctor last night. I don't have the tools or facilities to diagnose it properly. I live in an apartment complex and do not have the tools to do a compression test or fuel pressure test. I was hoping to find something simple like a broken wire or a bad coil but that doesn't seem to be the case.
He is really busy and probably wont get to it until next week. I'll let you know what he finds.
Thanks again for your help.

The cycle doctor just called, he checked it already. Found the fuel pressure was only 26 psi. He pulled the fuel pump and found that it and the filter are both bad. It shouldn't cost too many hundreds to fix that. I guess it could have been a lot worse.

The cycle doctor just called, he checked it already. Found the fuel pressure was only 26 psi. He pulled the fuel pump and found that it and the filter are both bad. It shouldn't cost too many hundreds to fix that. I guess it could have been a lot worse.

:s Good on you, let us know how it turns out:s

Back