free website stats program 2001 springer issue | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2001 springer issue

He is usually up around 8:30. Bike is at his friends-cant park his bike where he lives. Trailer park dont allow bikes...he's looking to move soon! If he were here, he would have been awake at 5am! Girl's gotta have fun and I am an early riser!

Nettie, you have my sympathy, piksnicky homeowners associations and management organizations are certainly not on the popularity list with HD owners. As for passenger asking questions...we value opinions and feedback from our pillion partners as it makes the ride so much more enjoyable when we share.

Still waiting to hear how things went. Must be out for a test ride.

Update...Can you reuse a gasket if it isnt too old?...didnt work, now leaking worse. No ride this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leaking can be a difficult thing to find...could be a micro-crack in the casting/cover, or not using sealer on all the mounting screw threads...including the derby cover. Do as Glider says wipe everything dry with a clean paper towels. Then wait an hour and use toilet paper to find that insidious leak!

Still waiting to hear how things went. Must be out for a test ride.

Update...Can you reuse a gasket if it isnt too old?...didnt work, now leaking worse. No ride this weekend.

If it's fairly new, yes you can reuse it but do as I mentioned above with the RTV sealer on it to make double sure.

I filled him in on posts yesterday. Havent talked to him much as he went camping with his nephews lastnight~stressed. I will pull this up when I talk to him tomarrow and let him know the toilet paper trick thing! ???

Back