free website stats program 2000 Road King Oil Change Recommendations | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2000 Road King Oil Change Recommendations

Glider,

I have a couple of bottles of Formula+. I don't see any where on the label where is says "synthetic". Is it a synthetic product or conventional oil?

MY answer is ; It is NOT synthetic.

HD's Sin3 is a synthetic and even then NOT a great one.

I'm sure that is what glider would say...

formula + is GOOD.
Primary/tranny on a sportster and also in the Big bikes primary's
(wet clutch approved)

I just changed out a 2005 sportster today, used Formula+ in the shared primary/tranny / 32 oz. and done.

................................................................................... signed....BUBBIE

Most of the self help section is gone. anything Published by glider in not there any longer,,, NOT missing ,,, it IS just gone.

In the Engine;

I'd suggest a V-twin motor oil for HD's
Redline 20/50 is my choice

In the primary;
I use MTL by Redline (wet clutch approved)
another Good Choice is Harley's Formula Plus

Tranny "GEAR OIL"

I use Redline Heavy Shockproof (never ever any Metal on the magnetic Drain Plug)

IF IN DOUBT,,, Just MAKE SURE it is a "GEAR OIL" not an engine oil.

There are synthetics out there that CLAIM to be good in all three holes BUT I for one would NOT use them that way.. (SYN3 is SIN3) in more ways then One

The above suggestions come from ME.

I have used many different brands of oils and gear lubes on many Harley's and found MY suggested ones above to be the BEST suited to do the Best Job...

signed....BUBBIE

As bubbie said above, ++++ Mobile 1 V Twin, and Redline Products as he detailed in the other holes. Mucho happy.

Back