free website stats program 20-50 full syn oil | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

20-50 full syn oil

IT IS Awful Hard to Change you Life Long Oil you have used in your bikes...

BUT I did that very thing Just to SEE...

I switched to Moly brand used in fancy High Dollar European Cars.
Liqui Moly 2024 Synthoil Race Tech GT1 10W-60 Motor Oil - 5 Liter Jug

Amazon.com: Moly oil

I buy it off Amazon... 5 liters @ $45.52 shipped free = I'm a Prime Member

The oil is a 10w60 and so far I do like it. I have a sample sent in to Blackstone and will share the report on this forum when it arrives back.

During the Hot here in Az. (tail end of season before Cool winter) I installed it and was pleasantly surprised at how well it ran in my 103" King...

Seemed to run a little cooler and flowed 5 # more pressure... Most would not believe a 10w oil would do that. Hot here in Az. and COOL mornings.

I'm Not convinced FULLY yet. I'll probably run another change in it before I'm there.

Not like me to use ANYTHING but the fine Redline Products. 20w50 Redline for the motor.

You won't catch me switching From MTL for the primary or ShockProof Heavy in the tranny though.

signed....BUBBIE

The oil is a 10w60 and so far I do like it. I have a sample sent in to Blackstone and will share the report on this forum when it arrives back.

During the Hot here in Az. (tail end of season before Cool winter) I installed it and was pleasantly surprised at how well it ran in my 103" King...

Seemed to run a little cooler and flowed 5 # more pressure... Most would not believe a 10w oil would do that. Hot here in Az. and COOL mornings.

I'm Not convinced FULLY yet. I'll probably run another change in it before I'm there.

Not like me to use ANYTHING but the fine Redline Products. 20w50 Redline for the motor.

You won't catch me switching From MTL for the primary or ShockProof Heavy in the tranny though.

signed....BUBBIE

I cannot believe that you would kick Redline to the curb like that! Appalled! :s

signed....BUBBIE

I cannot believe that you would kick Redline to the curb like that! Appalled! :s

There's definitely some strange goings ons here! Think I'll pull my life savings and spend it quick....I'm a bit frightened :newsmile040: :newsmile100:

IT was a Strange thing to do I know.... All these years PREACHING Redline 20/50,,,20/60 and Now turn coat to another product.

I did a lot of reading before I did switch and NOTHING was wrong with the Redline.

I May switch back. I do have another 5 liter Jug of Moly and will change it soon, and then decide After I get the Blackstone report IF I'll keep it in the motor.

I do notice some GOOD difference in the cooling when it was really hot out a while back. CAN'T believe a 10w would do that...
I have not put many miles on it like I would have normally as I had a Hip replaced and that did slow me down some (good now) and it was ALSO COOL here.:small3d002:

I also have to buy my 20/50 in 2 case lots at a time to order it at a local
(75 mi round trip) parts house...

I have Bums here that buy from me and I was caught short and the WHIM came across me to try the 10w60 moly...

I do have 31 thous miles on the 103" build and I will probably do another Freshening in the near future. I always seem to do rebuilds at 45 to 65 thous miles Needed or Not.

Headed to 94,000 on the bike. Don't want to Jinx me but never much to do but change oil and adjust a few things... SMILE

Oh yes the normal stuff went wrong like the Compensator but the SE 08 comp that I Grooved is doing nicely with about 40,000 on it. (MTL by Redline) AND the tranny is good.... Another Big SMILE using the ShockProof Heavy... :D

Those two Lubes I will KEEP...

signed....BUBBIE

Well I did in fact post prices that I saw. BUT, it was never about costs and I was not endorsing it for anyone here to use. Just saying I saw another synthetic oil out there. I do believe Mercury has made some of the best ever outboard motors (I've owned them) and they used Quicksilver oils. It can't be all bad, just another option.

One more thing -- IF BUBBIE tells you tomorrow is Christmas - you go hang your stockings out tonite!!! :D:D:D

Billbo

Well I did in fact post prices that I saw. BUT, it was never about costs and I was not endorsing it for anyone here to use. Just saying I saw another synthetic oil out there. I do believe Mercury has made some of the best ever outboard motors (I've owned them) and they used Quicksilver oils. It can't be all bad, just another option.

One more thing -- IF BUBBIE tells you tomorrow is Christmas - you go hang your stockings out tonite!!! :D:D:D

Billbo

THANKS Bill.....

Not Christmas Yet though.... Might Feel like it in some areas...

Hmmmmmm Maybe a New Ride for my New Hip?

signed....BUBBIE

Just for what it's worth -- I was in Wally World yesterday and came across this oil for Motorcycles. It was by "Quicksilver" and located in the boating section by their 2-cycle outboard oils. I believe "Quicksilver" used to be associated with Mercury Marine and made very good quality stuff. This is full synthetic 20-50 for big V-Twin Motorcycles. I am not endorsing this but just putting the info out as I had never seen it before yesterday. Price at WM was 7.95 per qt. On another shelf was the Mobil 1 V Twin for 9.95 per qt.

Bill
after 100 or 200 miles the top end starts to make a little too much noise for me

Always wonder why no one uses the recomended grade oil from Harley. From the book on my RK & FXDC
SAE 50 above 60 deg F
SAE 60 above 80 deg F
I don't experience the upper end clatter everyone talks about using the 50 weight Harley oil.

Most here probably realize cold starts at less than 60 ambient and certainly less than 80. That is where the multi grades come into play.

I run Redline 20W60 synthetic in one bike and HD 20W50 conventional in the other; I like them both.

Redline 20W60
Viscosity Index = 161
Viscosity @ 100*C = 23

Liquid Moly 20W60
Viscosity Index = 155
Viscosity @ 100*C = 23.5

South Texas summers are hard on these air cooled vtwins and the Redline 20W60 does an admirable job under those conditions but at nearly half the price, the liquid moly is worth a try.:coffee

I would not run a 2 cycle oil in a Harley regardless of cost.:s

Back