free website stats program 20-50 full syn oil | Harley Davidson Forums

20-50 full syn oil

Billbo

Just for what it's worth -- I was in Wally World yesterday and came across this oil for Motorcycles. It was by "Quicksilver" and located in the boating section by their 2-cycle outboard oils. I believe "Quicksilver" used to be associated with Mercury Marine and made very good quality stuff. This is full synthetic 20-50 for big V-Twin Motorcycles. I am not endorsing this but just putting the info out as I had never seen it before yesterday. Price at WM was 7.95 per qt. On another shelf was the Mobil 1 V Twin for 9.95 per qt.

Bill

I change my oil every spring and every fall. Ill spend the extra 10 to 15 bucks for a good synthetic oil at each change. If i cant afford an extra 20 bucks per year i need to sell my bike.

BillBo, I've also seen that brand in my Wally-World. I'm sure it's a good oil but my baby like M1 20-50w and I'm not going to change now.

We are due for a M1 20-50 sale any week now......

I change my oil every spring and every fall. Ill spend the extra 10 to 15 bucks for a good synthetic oil at each change. If i cant afford an extra 20 bucks per year i need to sell my bike.

I have made the comment before, many times in fact that we spend 10 of thousands to buy the Harley, add thousands in performance upgrades or thousands in chrome that don't get you home and there is always the debate over saving a couple bucks on oil or purchasing non factory HD oil filters. Maybe I just don't understand........:small3d002:

Just for what it's worth -- I was in Wally World yesterday and came across this oil for Motorcycles. It was by "Quicksilver" and located in the boating section by their 2-cycle outboard oils. I believe "Quicksilver" used to be associated with Mercury Marine and made very good quality stuff. This is full synthetic 20-50 for big V-Twin Motorcycles. I am not endorsing this but just putting the info out as I had never seen it before yesterday. Price at WM was 7.95 per qt. On another shelf was the Mobil 1 V Twin for 9.95 per qt.

Bill

Street Vehicles – Lubricants | Quicksilver Products
Bill here is a link, it looks like a good choice for your bike

It shouldn't be about spending the extra bucks. Heck, I could afford to pay $100 a quart if need be, or buy a new bike every 6 months, but I don't. I know what my engine can and will tolerate and if I can save 4 or 5 dollars per oil change, no big deal. I last changed my oil in 2013 and will change it this spring. My oil pressure is good, no valve train noise, transmission shifts like silk and the clutch performs as it should.
Synthetic oil was unheard of a few years back.
Don't let the motorcycle industry dictate how you spend your money.

Back