free website stats program 2+ quarts missing in 37 miles! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2+ quarts missing in 37 miles!

I live in florida now my current bike i got through stamford in 2005 i was involved in an accident with a 2003 fxst which was totalled and they took the insurance check for my 2005 fxst for only $14k and called it even;
i payed no money out of pocket.

my friend that is at danbury harley is newer there he was working for stamford for about 6 years or so but left them about 6-8 months ago. same type of reasoning.
well i wish i still new the service advisor up there i think his name is ken i would call him for you but i cant remeber. He back 3-4 years ago was riding with the Rat Pack mc out of waterbury if that rings any bells.
My friends name is mike also i'll try to give him a holler. see if he can puh thing along

ok i got a hold of him he says he'll take a look around for it he's not personally on it himself but he said he'll get the tech who is to hurry and let the advisor know that you've had a previous bad experience with another dealer and let them know that you want your bike back on the road ASAP and dont want to be jerked around. we have alot of voices on this forum and alot from CT so things like this get around as you can see by talking to Glider and myself. people have their ears on and are listening loud and clear.
good luck to you

Last edited:
right place right time i just happened to know people thats my hometown area i lived the next suburb over. about 4 miles away.
i'd be of any help to anyone i could just like i would want that for myself
hey look at a guy like glider he does it all day long

Thanks Mike,
I just got off the phone with Danbury, Dan is working on it.
The compensator sprocket torque is the suspect, there is shined areas which indicates motion. Installing new seal and assembling to new spec's.
Hopefully it will be back together for the coming week end.
Thanks again,
Al

Right Mike,
Clamping Load, or lack of, that's what Bob called it, the guy on the phone at Danbury.

Al

i just had the same type of problem follow these threads. Glider actually guided me through it. and mine got to the point it sheared the center of the stator off .

repost on just makes you scream - Harley Davidson Community

Mike,

In your linked post, you ask if anyone had the same thing happen to them. Well, I did. The compensator nut got loose allowing the rotor to wallow around and jam up on the stator. The drive shaft had NO problem shearing the teeth on the rotor!! So I had all those bits and pieces to account for when I fixed it. New rotor and stator later, good as new (except that my VR went South shortly thereafter!).

TQ

Picked it up at H-D of Danbury. The bike was detailed and looked new. These Guy's are good.

The crank seal was replaced and the bike assembled properly. They did the 2.5k service, even changed the plugs.

I took it down the road, wow it felt like a different bike. 23 miles home it never ran this quiet, still the slight surging.

I checked the exhaust system, everything tight. I noticed a tiny bit of carbon at the upper area of the bung weld on the front pipe above the O2 sensor. Must be a leak.

All at no charge, the bike came with a 3 year Priority Service Plan.

Al

Thank you H-D of Danbury

Glad to hear some good words about a dealer and glad your problem was solved.
Now, ride it like ya stole it!....and enjoy.

Back