free website stats program 2-into-1 | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2-into-1

Can't tell what manufacturer but they look clean. Did you try to contact the seller to see if he has used them and how he liked the perfomance and such?

I did contact the seller and he said that he did not know the make, and that they came off of his 95 springer. I looked up some other pipes and it looks like what will fit a 95 softail will fit an 01 softail.

v&h pro pipe.Look great sound great & performance excellent. They have been on bike 10 years no rust or peeling. Love em.

I did contact the seller and he said that he did not know the make, and that they came off of his 95 springer. I looked up some other pipes and it looks like what will fit a 95 softail will fit an 01 softail.

Then I'd say if the price is right and you like the condition of the item give 'em a try, nothing like personal experience when it comes to these things. I tried pretty much every different type of exhaust on my bike and having experienced the 2-1 system I have now I would never consider anything else, it's a totally different bike. Good luck with your decision and keep us updated.
Hog.

I spoke to him again and he said that there is a slight gold-like discoloration where the 2 pipes come together, but its not bad, and that he had them on for about 5k miles. can you remove this discoloration? I thought I have heard of a product that can do that.

J&P cycles sells some stuff thats supposed to remove bluing, but I've personally never have had any luck with that stuff.

I am looking for a 2-into-1 pipe that is "classic" looking. I was looking at the roadhouse classic with the serrated heat shield and also the thunderheader 2-into-1. I am seeing a lot of blueing on the thunderheader pipe and have heard the same about the roadhouse. does anyone have a recommendation?

I am not sure what "CLASSIC" is to you. I think it is a sliding scale with everybody based on your age and if you have a hot foot.

I had 2 into 1 D&D FatCat put on my 2007 Fatboy along with 103 upgrade. I like the look and sound and consider the low long look as HD classic but I am 66 yrs young and still feel and act like a teenager.

Well, Im 28 years young and to me, the "classic" look is the post WWII era. So Im trying to put a little of that into mine. I like the roadhouse 2 into 1 with the serrated heat shield. I may just go with that one when the time comes.

I'm thinking about putting a thunderheader on my evo softail, the only thing I don't like is the rear pipe curling up around the nosecone. Does anybody know if the one designed for the twincam will clear the nosecone, I know it will bolt up fine, just don't know about the clearance. The bad thing about that rear exhaust pipe curling around the nosecone is it'll burn your leg off with forward controls, I wonder how much the heat shield would help with your leg stretched out on a forward control. Another thing about that curled around pipe is on a carbed engine trying to get to the mixture screw on the bottom of the carb.

Back