free website stats program 1st impressions 09 Road Glide | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

1st impressions 09 Road Glide

Nice bike !!! you will love it :s. The mirrors that I found had about the same length stems , HD make some mirrors with longer stems but I did not like the way they looked , you can also get mirror stem extensions . I have the HD duel mirror the one with the blind spot mirror & I love them but the extension will not work with them . I put on the heritage style handlebars which are much more comfortable & will also put the mirrors in a much better position IMO .

congrats, good lookn bike. I also brought home my 09 rg on saterday, about 55 degrees, only put on 145 miles. I also noticed that finding nutrel is a bare!! but for some reason the more ive road and have put it in to N it gets easier. dont know why but it dose. I have a six inch wind shield and people told me that i would hate it. it dosent bother me i can hear my radio just find at 70 and there isnt much difference then not having a wind shield in my oppion.enjoy that new ride!!:small3d026:

diffently think twice about a shorter windshield. I bought a 4" dark looked great. not bad around town hit the hyway forget it.head gets slamed

Good choice brother, I have an 03 R-G with a 4" smoked wind screen. Deflection is good, I like a little wind in my face that's what it is all about.

NHR, very nice ride you got there, and by the picture, like Smitty are good to go on your "Snow...eh...Shiny New Glide"...! Enjoy it and wishing you many long and warmer rides...! Once you change the tranny fluid for some 100% Synthetic, possibly 75W for the cold, you should be okay finding neutral.

NHR, very nice ride you got there, and by the picture, like Smitty are good to go on your "Snow...eh...Shiny New Glide"...! Enjoy it and wishing you many long and warmer rides...! Once you change the tranny fluid for some 100% Synthetic, possibly 75W for the cold, you should be okay finding neutral.

Thanks guys,
Got over 225 miles on her now and I swear she is getting better. Neutral is coming a little easier but I am looking forward to trying the Spectro 6 speed stuff, although I can't find anyone around here who sells it yet.

As far as the shorty Windshield goes I appreciate all the insight but this is one of those things I am gonna have to learn for myself, I am thinking of a 6' at the moment but will make final decision when I decide what pipes I am gonna get due to Cost.

Also my right hand seems to get numb alot more than any other bike I have ever rode, I had the willy G grips put on but am now starting to think I should have gone with the Kuryakyn ISO grips as they are much heavier and beefier than the willy G's and would maybe help eliminate this numbness.

Also my right hand seems to get numb alot more than any other bike I have ever rode, I had the willy G grips put on but am now starting to think I should have gone with the Kuryakyn ISO grips as they are much heavier and beefier than the willy G's and would maybe help eliminate this numbness.

I do like the Iso grips just for that reason.. Hands don't go numb now

Back