free website stats program 1st impressions 09 Road Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

1st impressions 09 Road Glide

Picked her up Saturday in 40 degree weather and did about 90 miles over the short cold weekend. Man she handles even better than I remember in the test ride (08), Very quick off the line although I did'nt open her up all the way yet but the power is more than adequate and of course she looks beautiful. I named her Black Betty :newsmile092:

Some things to fix or get used to
Finding Neutral is a nightmare, I don't think it has taken less than 40 seconds to find it yet. Also the mirrors seem to be pretty useless especially the left side, Pipes are a little too quiet although I was bundled up pretty good with ear muffs and all but I am looking at some Cobra slip ons anyway. I have yet to own a bike that I did not change the mirrors and pipes. Hopefully I can find some mirrors that are about an inch or so longer out to the side. And I got some head buffeting above 70 mph but I was going to go with a real shorty anyway 6" or so since I have never had a windshield before and really don't like em.

Anyway here are some pics,
IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

Congrats on the Bike, Enjoy it and Ride Safe! It is Nice to see others are finding out what the RG is about, Let's keep it to ourself, We do not want everyone to know they are Harley's Best Kept Secret! I Love Mine and would not look back! :D

2009 Road Glide - Red Sunglo

Congrats on the Bike, Enjoy it and Ride Safe! It is Nice to see others are finding out what the RG is about, Let's keep it to ourself, We do not want everyone to know they are Harley's Best Kept Secret! I Love Mine and would not look back! :D

2009 Road Glide - Red Sunglo

Road Glide huh............hmmmmm

ride safe

twoup

First, switching to a high quality transmission fluid, like the Spectro 6 Speed, should help with your neutral problem.

Second, a Clearview windshield with recurve should help with the buffeting. RG's are a bit different than the batwings so you may want to do a good forum search about other brands on a RG.

Great looking RG, I just bought an 06 and I love it. Had the Python pipes, stage 1 air cleaner when I got it. Nice sound and good response. I also noticed buffeting above 60mph. I've ordered a short/tinted Clearview shield and have put on a reach seat. I like to be able to put both feet flat on the ground (29" inseam).

I've read more than once that the Road Glide is the best kept secret in the Harley stable, and I can believe it. I find it a comfortable stable ride, especially in gusty cross winds and it has a lot of class. I see more Road Glides in Hot Bike/Baggers magazine as time goes on, so I guess the secret is out.

Back