free website stats program 1999 road king | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

1999 road king

When using Craig's List for shopping comparisons, pay close attention to the posting date. Good deals will quickly result in the listing being removed. Not-so-good deals will stay posted for weeks.

A lot of sellers have a note balance remaining, but don't have the cash to pay down the balance to a reasonable selling price.

I've watched hot deals sell within 4 hours of posting. Most folks will never even see the ad.

Around here that would be a little on the high side. I was looking at an online ad sight today and saw an 05 ulra with 25000 miles for 11500.00

alot of good thinkin here, he has a trade, the bike is at the harley dealer, i havnt seen it, he just asked me to check to see online if it made sense, they are at least offering him payoff on his bike, which is a suzuki blvd 800cc, nice bike, just too small,and isnt a harley.

Three things really bother me here, all highlighted above. Trading in a bike at a dealer for a used bike will NEVER get you a good deal. They are asking top dollar. Having the dealer "pay off yours" generally means (to me) you are in place you should not be. Sell the one he has, Then go to the dealer with cash, or at least be ready for the next one to come along, because it will. Never fall in love with a machine, it'll put you in a place where you just "have to have it, no matter the cost"......(I speak from experiance here)

By the way, I'm really begining to hate the phrase "In this economy"

Back