free website stats program 1999 road king | Harley Davidson Forums

1999 road king

JJDH

my bro in law is looking at a 1999 road king with 20k miles for 10,000. any opinions on this bike as far as age, miles etc...?

If you can give as much detail as possible you will get more responses. I bought a 99 RKC this year for 12000 CDN. It needed a back tire (and brake pads) and I wanted whitewalls so that bumps up the cost. Plus I bought it without a safety so there is another $85. It only had 13000 miles on it which was very appealing to me. Also, it has chrome footboards, and chromed out controls on the bars. It came with a quik detach backrest as well. You are going to get into some repairs with a bike of this age. I have replaced the supply and return hoses on the fuel injection (leaks). To be proactive you can enter the VIN number on the Harley site to see if there have been any maintenance recall work perfprmed. Mine had a fuel vapour switch replaced. Also the cam bearings may need replacing, quality was lacking on those. You can check this online as well and research the issue here. That is low miles for a RK. In Canada we can do a history check to confirm mileage.

According to NADA average retail is $8750. The bank does not pay for add ons .That is considered "intrinsic value". As far as the mileage that wouid be very low based on the year of the bike .

That seems like alot to me also. I bought my 07 RKC this past Memeorial day for 13.9K with 5K on the odo. The NADA has my bike listed as trade in of 11K. But in this area, seems most 07-09 RKC are 15-15.5K asking. That's one reason I snatched mine up. Big differeence between a '99 and something 10 years newer.
I'd keep looking, it'll come along.

sorry, I said NADA when I should have said KBB, not that it matters a whole lot. Editing the post didn't seem to work.

Miles are good and low for that year. 10K is an average price for most HD's with in the past 10 years. Face it HD bikes are the bomb for ridding prestige, so you pay the premium for the experience of owning one.
My ride, 97 Ultra Classic, it had 62K on it when I bought it, and the bank gave me $4.5K to help with the deal. When the dust has settled, I was into it for $8.5K before tax and tittle with the DMV. So, have you checked accross the country on Craiges List to compair pricess in other regions of the country?

You will be surprissed on how good of a deal you are getting.
Just some food for thought. :D

Maximo

One yaer ago I purchased my 99 RKC for $11,500. I felt I paid on the high end of the price range but the bike only had 1400 miles on it. It had 02 plates on it and had been stored ever since. Completly stock with a tour pack. I replaced the tires and fluids due to age but it needed nothing else. Of course I have added plenty of chrome!

alot of good thinkin here, he has a trade, the bike is at the harley dealer, i havnt seen it, he just asked me to check to see online if it made sense, they are at least offering him payoff on his bike, which is a suzuki blvd 800cc, nice bike, just too small,and isnt a harley.

I would have to go with those that say the price is High.
The best advice I saw was check "craigslist" to compare prices.
I would go to where the HD population is high, Like Wisconsin

Back