free website stats program 1995 Road King question | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

1995 Road King question

Thanks for the reply.

He is asking 7800. I haven't seen it yet but plan to this weekend if the rain ever stops. He said the book was around 7100 but considering the condition he was asking 7800.

The KBB price IS excellent condition for $7,125. The additional asking price is just that....additional. Most bikes sold now are below KBB which is based on overall selling prices.

I would mention that being the KBB price is for a bike in excellent condition anyway that his additional $700 is unfounded and offer him what you feel it's worth to YOU. IMO a fair price would be around $6500 +. Go with cash in hand and let him know you aren't coming back.:s It's worked for me many times in negotiating a better price. Just remember that money talks if it's a serious seller.

You always have the option of mentioning to him that his bike is the older Magnetti Morelli fuel injection and you can always bring up that if you wanted to do a dealer download to the ECM that you would have to upgrade the ECM first and that isn't cheap. All points for negotiation.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

I thought that a 1995 was carb and not FI. Or could this bike be either one? Did 1995 have the option of both?

Hoping to see the bike this weekend if the weather shapes up. I will update then.

Thanks again. :majesty

Glider,

Have you had any experience with Road Kings from that era? How do you like yours? Looks real sharp!

Woody

I had a 96 RK too but with the MM injection, it was a bit lacking in the power department compared to my 07 RK but the 07 was a bigger engine too.

Back