free website stats program 1984 FXRT - turn signal issue? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

1984 FXRT - turn signal issue?

dont know if this helps but had to use arm signals in my early years of riding
and sometimes revert to using them other road users seem to understand them without problem

Brian

Ive got a 1984 with 31k my best fiend of 40yrs past away and it was in his will for me , My old eyesight is failing so he willed it to me too make a few more rides before I can no longer ride, we had the dream making that last ride before we both could not ride again then Bang he past away so now after making the ride to Leuders, Tx. I searched for 8 days till I found it under double stacks of hay hadn't been driven since 1994 and fuel still in the tank yep what a mess.

OK I'm trying to put this red beauty back on the road but signals lens are cracked beyond being able to pass State inspection here in Texas

I have talked to Craig Vetter himself trying to find these but he told me the plant that produced the fairing an parts burned down back in the 80's
He told me good luck

anyone out there have a good pair

They are the ultimate self cancelers.....hold the button in they flash.... let go they stop. No riding down the road with the signals flashing WOXOF you musta went to the 91's . My 91 Sporty has self cancelers ,my 90 Heritage doesn't. Badlands makes a module you can wire in to your existing harness for a timed self canceling, otherwise you'd have to pick up a 91-95 signal module. 96 and up changed altogether and you'd have to go deeper than the switch harnesses.
IMO the easiest way to go is with the Badlands module

Badlands Turn Signal Canceller Plug In Automatic Deutsch Style 12 Pin Plug

Axiom Item ID: 28-126-0451
Mfg Name: Badlands
Mfg Item ID: ATS-03-C
Drag Specialties Part#: 7808-1031

◊ Style: Deutsch Style 12 Pin Plug
◊ Model: Plug In Automatic
◊ Fitment: 1994-03

7808-1031_L.jpg

Back