free website stats program 1200 hp ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

1200 hp ?

The 2.5 peanut tank had distinctive "square" edges, that are hard to see from the side...! As for the gap between the seat and tank, I believe on this model, the tank is set back a bit farther at the steering head end, to minimize that "gap" at the seat you refer to...! Check the line where the front of the tank is compared to yours which just clears the handlebar steering head, verses the one with the setback almost 2"-3" back from the steerer.

XL1200R_Mods.jpg

Last edited:
Rascal, I think that your fuel consumption is right where it should be with that tank. I have a 96 Hugger built and with a 4 gallon rubber mount on it. I am getting/tank about 200 miles. I thinks also that you should do away with those pipes, worthless for performance and fuel economy.

If you are interested in the tank that I have, pm me and I will give you the information as to where I got it. Just a little description of the tank, it is a rubber mounted tank that only requires the purchase of an ignition relocation kit that is a sinch to use. Check next post to see tank.

JB2

Here you go.

Attachments

• 199.jpg
    199.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 200.jpg
    200.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that it looks like the tank is set back a bit/looks a bit smaller on the frame. Is that picture a new (post 2004) XL?
That 4 gallon tank looks nice as well. Makes it a different scoot, but low & cool.

Is there such a thing as a Harley nerd (if so, I might belong in that category;)?

I agree that it looks like the tank is set back a bit/looks a bit smaller on the frame. Is that picture a new (post 2004) XL?
That 4 gallon tank looks nice as well. Makes it a different scoot, but low & cool.

Is there such a thing as a Harley nerd (if so, I might belong in that category;)?

That is OK, I am a Harley dren as well.:yeahright

Back