free website stats program 10k Service? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

10k Service?

For those of us that are mechanically challenged, I have come up with the procedure of changing all the fluids myself,really isn't that hard. Then I let the dealership handle the rest. My 10,000 mile service on my 2010 FLHX, minus fluids came to $145.00. That's fine by me.

Ahh, you should have searched the forum. :s

I Did My 10K Service - Harley Davidson Community

I did my 10k service and don't regret it a bit. Not so much for saving the $$, but I learned so much more about the bike. :s

Thats where I find the forum so helpful. I now know i will be doing my own. Not taking anything away from the dealer, they are all cool. but I like money in my pocket

HMMMMM, no most Stealers have a lot of bikes scheduled each day and only spend x amount of time on the scheduled services, buy a manual check the self help section and learn your bike it will be fun and u keep the cash, By the way where in Mn was this done Delano HD or Twin Cities Hd just curious:p

MankatoHD

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of us that are mechanically challenged, I have come up with the procedure of changing all the fluids myself,really isn't that hard. Then I let the dealership handle the rest. My 10,000 mile service on my 2010 FLHX, minus fluids came to $145.00. That's fine by me.

Trust me, I'm as mechanically challenged as anyone else on this forum - just ask my wife! Yet I've graduated from simple fluid changes to installing a detachable tour pack, slip on mufflers, stage I air cleaner, brake bleed and pad change, aileron grips, and I'm almost done with my SE compensator upgrade. If you have a service manual and refer to it and this forum repeatedly, I don't think there's anything you can't do if you're patient and slowly acquire a proper set of tools.

I had the 1K service done by the dealer, and I have done all ongoing service myself. I am about to do the 35K service this week. Get yourself a service manual, and take the time to cover all the recommended checks and adjustments.

Trust me, I'm as mechanically challenged as anyone else on this forum - just ask my wife! Yet I've graduated from simple fluid changes to installing a detachable tour pack, slip on mufflers, stage I air cleaner, brake bleed and pad change, aileron grips, and I'm almost done with my SE compensator upgrade. If you have a service manual and refer to it and this forum repeatedly, I don't think there's anything you can't do if you're patient and slowly acquire a proper set of tools.

DR. Dolittle,
You probably still have Grease on your Scapula from your last operation, Way to go Dr.

I've been watching you for a long time and YOU Sir, are doing GREAT! :rofl

I like looking in the small bike guide(with bike) to see what is needed next then I imagine the $$$ I saved so =I can Buy More Needed upgrades for the bike.

This forum will answer the problems All may have,, You Just Have to ASK.. And don't forget to put ALL the information needed into the question!

Hoople is watching you!

signed....BUBBIE

DR. Dolittle,
You probably still have Grease on your Scapula from your last operation, Way to go Dr.

I've been watching you for a long time and YOU Sir, are doing GREAT! :rofl

I like looking in the small bike guide(with bike) to see what is needed next then I imagine the $$$ I saved so =I can Buy More Needed upgrades for the bike.

This forum will answer the problems All may have,, You Just Have to ASK.. And don't forget to put ALL the information needed into the question!

Hoople is watching you!

signed....BUBBIE

Mee too, How r u Bubbie long time no talk:p

Back