free website stats program 10K Service | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

10K Service

I like to watch them through the glass when they have my bike and I ask alot of questions, I do all my own maint work only go to the dealer for warranty work

As Glider and Smitty have stated, while expectations from an HD dealer are very high...delivery on that promise is spotty and based on personal experience and attention as well as trust...it is sad that all mechanics working on a piece of machinery that is a FAMILY machine would be treated with any less respect than if it were their own.

I have to tell you that many instances from my early aspirations and minor in college in the automotive industry...and then experiencing it in the real world as a service writer and back room mechanic, then seeing how my daughter was almost killed by dealer negligence which should have been criminal, IF you find a good dealer AND a good mechanic you trust...PLEASE support them by doing work you do not feel comfortable with doing yourself to MAINTAIN that relationship.

For me, it is a mix of both...while I can do most everything well, I believe in a relationship with a good dealer/mechanic is as important as hiring a workman to work on your house or vehicles and is a very important facet of the Do It Yourself creed not to be confused with Do it ALL Yourself...HDTimeline is based on that fact...this is not only about us, it is about our family welfare as well! JMHO

Back