free website stats program 104 octane boost | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

104 octane boost

MMO has paraffin wax in it so I would not use it to lubricate the top end of the engine on a steady basis. A little MMO (1/2 ounce) now and then may be more helpful in lubricating the fuel pump.

A MSDS doesn't have to contain the entire formula it only has to list the main ingredients and their hazardous ratings. Even water has a MSDS - 0,0,0. Your local Harley Dealer has the Screaming Eagle octane boost and it claims to raise the octane by 3 full points. So even HD will sell you some snake oil.

Snake oil your bike will not run better or faster on it.
higher Octane fuel burns slower not faster or better.
104 would work in a very high compression engine. Your HD even with mods is designed to run on 91-93.

That is the point! When you are out in the desert and you can only get a 85 or 87 octane fuel the octane boost may help. We are not trying to go faster or get the bike to run better we are trying to get it to run normal when the only fuel that may be available is 6 to 9 points lower in octane then what should be in the fuel system.

Last edited by a moderator:
A MSDS doesn't have to contain the entire formula it only has to list the main ingredients and their hazardous ratings. Even water has a MSDS - 0,0,0. Your local Harley Dealer has the Screaming Eagle octane boost and it claims to raise the octane by 3 full points. So even HD will sell you some snake oil.

That is the point! When you are out in the desert and you can only get a 85 or 87 octane fuel the octane boost may help. We are not trying to go faster or get the bike to run better we are trying to get it to run normal when the only fuel that may be available is 6 to 9 points lower in octane then what should be in the fuel system.

Davidson Genuine Fuel Additive Formulated with Duralt Fuel Compound try this it works good

I used the 104 octane boost in a Trans Am I used to own..
I needed it as I had a 10.8 CR, and even 93 pump gas would ping unless I pulled most of the timing out....
for the bike,if you get a low grade gas, it will stop the pinging by raising the octane number ...but it wont make an already good gas any better...meaning if your not getting any pinging, it wont help unless you plan to add more timing to try and get more power.

I thought about carying it on a trip just in case you can't get good gas out in the sticks some place.

Since you have a 2010, your Delphi ECM firmware has Ion-knock retard built right in. As long as you have the feature set to "active",,the system will just kick the timing back to what is required to prevent engine knock until you get out of the sticks.

(assuming you are not running a PC or non Delphi ECM)

Back