free website stats program 104 octane boost | Harley Davidson Forums

104 octane boost

67wizard

Have you tried 104 octane boost in your gas ? If so did it help with power and milage or just snake oil ? I thought about carying it on a trip just in case you can't get good gas out in the sticks some place.
I used it in the car but didn't see any better performance.

If you got some bad gas it would only help alittle. They tell you is that it raises octane level 1 point or so. What that means is you would go from 93 octane to 93.1 octane.
Best thing for bad/low octane gas is get it out ASAP and replace with good of know value gas. I would carry can of SeaFoam before can of octane boast. Just me...
wilks3
:USA

Last edited:
My Harley's have always been happy running on premium pump gas but I'm kind of a masochist, I love old Triumphs. They just plain wont run well on the best pump gas so I doctor it up with octane booster and and a little lead additive and it works great.

Thanks for the replys. I use Seafoam once in awhile but I have never used Marvel Myster Oil. I have heard that its good to lube the top end of the motor. Maybe I'll just stay with Seafoam.

Stock motors are all designed for 91 so I would not use it. I won't even buy 93 if I can buy a name brand 91.

Out West you have a real hard time finding a 93 octane gas most all gas stations have 91 octane. With the mods on my bike I get some spark knock from the 91octane gas. Here in the Midwest you can't get 91 octane gas it is mostly all 93 octane and I don't get the spark knock from the 93 octane like I would from the 91 octane. When you get into Wyoming and Utah the regular fuel is 85 octane and some of the remote gas stations would only carry regular gas so I carried some Lucas octane boost just in case I could only get regular gas. I used the Lucas octane boost a couple of dozen time and I never had anything go wrong or break on my bike, I would only use a splash of the octane boost when needed and I never used it on a regular basis. I did run the bike on 87 octane gas once when I did not have octane boost and you sure can tell the difference between having the octane boost and not having the octane boost in the tank. It is your choice on carrying the octane boost but the bike will run on 87 octane fuel in case of emergency without octane boost and you will get to a gas station that sells premium gas just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replys. I use Seafoam once in awhile but I have never used Marvel Myster Oil. I have heard that its good to lube the top end of the motor. Maybe I'll just stay with Seafoam.

MMO has paraffin wax in it so I would not use it to lubricate the top end of the engine on a steady basis. A little MMO (1/2 ounce) now and then may be more helpful in lubricating the fuel pump.

ironmark, Are you sure about the paraffin wax? I just looked at the MSDS sheet, nothing on paraffin wax being there.
wilks3

No need for it, it will burn slower modern engines do not need it, older pre unleaded gas benefited from the boost:s

Back