free website stats program 103" upgrade??? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

103" upgrade???

I have a 2007 FLHTC, and I had the 103" done, 255 cam, Ross pipes, and K&N filter with 500mi on my bike, it know dyno's in the mid 90's, I LOVE! and it didn't void my warranty as per the dealer I bought it from here in Louisiana. They also told me that in the futher I can do more with my engine than the S/E 110" because of all the emmissions issues that it comes with.

In your statement you said you didn't want to pay for dyno time when you upgrade. If you put on the SE Super Tuner (Race Tuner no longer available new) you will have to go back to the dyno in order the compensate and or adjust for the changes you make in the future.

However, I have upgraded my motor to 103 cubic inches and used a SE Super Tuner. I rode with my wife on the back to Sturgis from CA (almost 5000), so you can have speed and reliability. Didn't care if the warranty was voided or not.

I say, "Go for it!"

bought a 2007 with the 103". The dealer did the upgrade with D&D fat cat pipes. I installed th SE heavy breather, PClll power commander, Had them dyno tune it. I'm now at 98HP 96 ft. lbs. torque. Just clocked 10,000 mile on the speedo. No problems so far mechanically. Just completed a 4700 mile trip. Averaged 45 mpg.. Dealer said with all my upgrades I still have the warranty.. None of the upgrades would void my warranty. Was a little worried about it. :D

What cams are you running? I thought that an increase in cubic inches will add torque and little, if any, HP? I also thought that one needed higher flowing heads to achieve any HP above 85HP?

Pipes, High flow A/C and tune, from what I know, will not get more than 75-78 HP.

I have a 2008 FLHX with SE High Flow AC, pipes, & SE calibration which only has 67HP and 76TQ at the rear wheel.

I did the 103", SE 255 cams, power commander, K&N cleaner, fulsac true dual conversion and slip ons to my 07 Streetglide. 10K since upgrade and no issues. Got a engine light that was a loose engine temp sensor connection. Dealer repaired under warranty. Torque is 104 ft/lbs but HP is low 80's with stock heads.
Spent around 2K for the whole thing by doing everything but the 103 and cams myself. Runs great, killer low end torque, 45 MPG.
Great bang for the buck but heads and different cams would push dyno #s up.
Heads are $900+. Don't buy SE heads. Have someone like Ed Burly do yours.

I would never let some jerk in a suit tell me what I can or can't do with or to my bike.. same with my car (I installed an aftermarket turbo with 19000 miles on the clock). I can't believe how many times I've read on this or other HD forums "I don't want to void my warranty, sniff sniff.." Come on, you're riding a Harley.. do what you want with it. Damn the warranties, full speed ahead!

Agreed...

Why not contact P&M Powertrain and get it done right..120" motor..121rwhp..138rw lb ft of torque :D

I've a question.I'd love a Harley that makes 100/100 at 4000 rpm.I read dyno charts,visit lotsa web sites for many and varied engine builders-only reputable type ones-and i am constantly amazed how little Harley claim in TQ and HP for their 103 upgrade;whereas just about EVERYONE else claims up around 100 hp and 110- ish nm's of torque.

Now i'm not naive and these things are open to some interpretation(different dyno's etc)but what gives?Are H-D mechanically cautious and dont wish to overstress;or do engine builders do a better job?

With the right combination of heads cams and pipes there is no reason a 103" motor shouldn't get 100 horse and well over 100 ftlbs of torque. In my 99 I did the S&S 106" stroker and have over 100 hp and 135 ftlbs of torque. I don't think I am going to tear the motor apart on the 09. Right now all I really want to do is air cleaner and pipes let it breath more. Time will tell.:newsmile011:

I havn't done anything to the heads or cams. Yet... That will be a winter project. Plan on polish & porting heads, Changing out cams, Lifters, oil pump & cam plate. That should bring hp & tq. up. Will have to dyno it again. To see what the actual numbers will be.. :newsmile093:

With the right combination of heads cams and pipes there is no reason a 103" motor shouldn't get 100 horse and well over 100 ftlbs of torque. In my 99 I did the S&S 106" stroker and have over 100 hp and 135 ftlbs of torque. I don't think I am going to tear the motor apart on the 09. Right now all I really want to do is air cleaner and pipes let it breath more. Time will tell.:newsmile011:

Agreed.. I got a 80" motor pushin 91/94 at the rear wheel. A motor with 23 more cubic inches should certainly be 100/100 easy

Last edited by a moderator:
Talked to my dealer last week about this using the stage II kit, stage I air and Rineharts he said woulf give me +20 Hp and +20 in torque at the wheel. I think my check book is getting thinner again...:newsmile093:

Back