free website stats program 103 stage 2 | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

103 stage 2

Hey! just info, had new ring job on my 09 road glide at about 20,000m. on warranty, because of oil leaking from the air cleaner, on the recomendation of HD it did the trick, wish I had the option of the 103 ,

Legend did they say why they thought your rings went bad? I'm thankful for the upgrade but I still would like to know why what happened has happened.

How do you know if they are spraying oil properly other than when your motor stops working properly like mine.

By the way I got the bike back yesterday and have just over 80 miles on it. The 103 definitely pulls stronger than 96. I like it a lot. I can't wait to start putting some more miles on it and see what it really can do. The Harley mechanic said after 50 miles just ride it like I normally would but don't hold a steady speed until after 500 miles or so does that sound right to you guys?

That is a good way to break it in.... IF you are gun-shy from the 30/60/30 method...

Use compression to slow you down and twist the throttle to get speed up.... do that a lot!!!!

The jet sprays are nothing I know how to check Uitil motor is taken down... I know of NO other way.. Sorry.... Maybe another might so hope WE get a reply... What say you Chopper??

Do you know? :D

signed....BUBBIE

Like the others have said, the solution to any Quality issue is ROOT CAUSE...I would of course jump on it if the dealer is doing all that work on essentially their dime. Odd that you would have a compression/blowby problem so early in life, but if they did the whole thing and you trust they did, I say congratulations on essentially a brand new engine (where it counts) and enjoy!

That is a good way to break it in.... IF you are gun-shy from the 30/60/30 method...

I wouldn't say I am exactly gun shy from the 30/60/30 method I just didn't want to do it too early I guess.

Use compression to slow you down and twist the throttle to get speed up.... do that a lot!!!!

That is just what I have been doing. I have about 120 miles now on the new motor For how many miles do you think I should continue to ride like that before I can stop concentrating on it so much, 500, 1000?

The jet sprays are nothing I know how to check Uitil motor is taken down... I know of NO other way.. Sorry.... Maybe another might so hope WE get a reply... What say you Chopper??

Do you know? :D

signed....BUBBIE

Build enough of anything with an engine on it now and then one will fail in way or another.
BMW has transmission problems, Suab has never been able to keep heads from leaking.
Ever notice how busy the Honda shop is.
Thing happen the key is contrary to what you hear HD took care of a legit warranty claim.

I guess I will stop worrying about why it happened. Yes Smitty I am very pleased with the way this dealer has dealt with me on this situation.

Thanks everyone for all the input and encouraging words.

Bubbie, I must have done something wrong with my last reply. My reply to your questions are in the highlighted area.

Back