free website stats program 1 Qt. really? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

1 Qt. really?

Thanks for the posts guys.
Think we'll start with 32 oz and go from there.
Will definitely keep the family in the loop to help future posts. :D

Thanks for the posts guys.
Think we'll start with 32 oz and go from there.
Will definitely keep the family in the loop to help future posts. :D

Drained the oil and put in exactly 1 quart of Spectro Heavy Duty Primary and was able to ride only a little less than 30 miles but all seems to be back to normal. It will be little distances each day until Saturday when she'll be able to ride 100+ and will see for sure.
Thanks again,
Craig

Yep...1 QT...32oz. reallly, and don't worry about it! Glad you got it sorted Craig...hope you and the Mz enjoy the ride, "heard" it is supposed to be warming up a bit...mid 60's*F, but less than 50's*F riding sure is fine with me, IF it is not raining and I am wearing my "It's a Wrap" leather bandana...:hii

Last edited:
Yep...1 QT...32oz. reallly, and don't worry about it! Glad you got it sorted Craig...hope you and the Mz enjoy the ride, "heard" it is supposed to be warming up a bit...mid 60's*F, but less than 50's*F riding sure is fine with me, IF it is not raining and I am wearing my "It's a Wrap" leather bandana...:hii

Yes, 72 degrees in the Valley this Saturday. Snow in Burbank last Saturday. That was different. Did end up at the usual hang (Neptunes and the Rock Store) last Sunday afternoon. We keep waiting to meet you around Southern Cal. You can't miss Mz Bling, so PLEASE make yourself known. Until than bro,
Craig

Mz Bling had her 50,000 mile service done 2 weeks ago. We took Spectro heavy duty primary oil in. We took an unopened qt plus an opened bottle just in case. The wrencher said he added about 6 ounces more than the recommended 32 because the sharing of the tranny, etc. Recently she has noticed when only in 5th gear giving it gas she gets higher rev and than bike catches up which sounds like clutch slipping. She had the clutch rebuilt at 23,000 miles because of this but in all gears. There is another post of guys sporty's slipping only in 5th which the clutch plates were starting to go and caught it in time .Question:Would the extra oil cause the slipping only in 5th or would the slipping be happening in all the gears?
Thanks,
Craig

Clutch would normally slip in all gears. Maybe it's just not as noticeable. However, why would someone think that a local wrench knows more than the manufacturer? Always find that frustrating at work... companies spend lots of money on R&D just to have some guy say... "Ah, this is better."

Drained the oil and put in exactly 1 quart of Spectro Heavy Duty Primary and was able to ride only a little less than 30 miles but all seems to be back to normal. It will be little distances each day until Saturday when she'll be able to ride 100+ and will see for sure.
Thanks again,
Craig

OK, 200+ miles on Saturday and 80+ on Sunday after church and Mz Bling is Happy.:s No problems what so ever. The King is Happy!:D

There is nothing better than the lady in your life being happy :)

Brian

Back