free website stats program 09 ultra classic Lowering | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

09 ultra classic Lowering

I have an 09 Ultra Classic as well. I went with the Progressive 412 HD shocks in 12.5". I was amazed at the difference a half an inch made. Stock shocks are 13" eye to eye. I ride two up most of the time and I have had no problems of bottoming out.

I used a Burly Slam Kit on mine had the dealer install it when I purchased the EG new in 09, I have never had no problems bottoming out. The slam kit lowered front and back and it rides like it should, no adverse affects.

I have an 09 Ultra Classic as well. I went with the Progressive 412 HD shocks in 12.5". I was amazed at the difference a half an inch made. Stock shocks are 13" eye to eye. I ride two up most of the time and I have had no problems of bottoming out.
Did you lower the front end as well? If yes, which kit did you use? I used the Harley kit on my 09 UC front and back and I'm bottoming out two up with luggage. Are the progressives that much stiffer?

1 more thing to consider is re aiming the head and spot lamps if lowering the rear only:s

Y'all might want to consider ohlins shocks from motorcyclemetal.com, especially for 2 up with luggage.

Don't just look at the website; call Howard.

Be prepared for a considerably thinner wallet though, which incidentally may put you even closer to the ground.

I would really like to see those boots with the extra thick soles and heels!

FadPlatformShoes.jpg

Back