free website stats program 09 Ultra Battery Aux | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

09 Ultra Battery Aux

Thanks all. Don't know what the two pin red plug is but it isn't a hot circuit. Pulled off the left cover as suggested and there is a capped off plug like the 4 pin everyone described, but it only has three pins in it. One is obviously hot and one is the ground, but it definitely isn't connected to the "aux" rocker switch. While i had the cover off, I could see around the bottom of the battery and low and behold, there was the four pin connector tucked away waaaay down there like you guys told me. Had to remove the battery to get to it, but finally found the little sucker. With the help of a volt meter, found one pin hot off ignition, one hot off of "aux" rocker, a ground and someone said the fourth pin is for brake lights (duno). Took about 5 mins to wire my zumo into the "aux" pin and ground. Couldn't have done it without all the advice. Thanks!!!

Seems like the dealers that actually pull the battery and charge it at PDI like they're supposed to bury the Accessory plug when they replace the battery. One of the things stressed on the assembly line is making sure that plug is accessible. The 4th pin is indeed for brake lights.... the lighted Tour Pak spoiler and new lighted luggage rack plug into it.

The similar plug you found under the side cover is the Data Port to plug into the Digital Technician.

The two-pin red plug is called a B+ connector and one side is indeed hot all the time, the other is ground. My contact tells me that it's there specifically for heated clothes but the connection is unlike any heated duds connector I've ever used or seen.

Glad you found the elusive rascal.

TL

Good work TLM. I see you're a new member. Welcome. We can always use the help we can get around here and it sounds like you know a thing or six about HDs!:cheers

Good work TLM. I see you're a new member. Welcome. We can always use the help we can get around here and it sounds like you know a thing or six about HDs!:cheers

Still learning. Late July/early August I'll be picking up my 5th dresser, 4th Ultra, 3rd Vivid Black in a row. I see you also have excellent taste in motorcycles.

Been on a shovel, Evo or TC since the late 70s and am constantly amazed at what all I don't know. I have a contact at H-D that knows all the secrets and wouldn't tell his own mother. But he's a great resource for information, workarounds and tech tips. Usually if I don't know I can find out.

TL

I guess I'm going to have to go under the seat again on my 09 Road Glide look for that red two-prong red plug. I found the accessory plug after a little digging and wired a Lenale fan to it. However, I'm going to get some Gerbing's heated clothing and that two-prong red plug might be just what I'm looking for. Does anyone know the amperage that the plug can handle? Thanks.

I guess I'm going to have to go under the seat again on my 09 Road Glide look for that red two-prong red plug. I found the accessory plug after a little digging and wired a Lenale fan to it. However, I'm going to get some Gerbing's heated clothing and that two-prong red plug might be just what I'm looking for. Does anyone know the amperage that the plug can handle? Thanks.

Gerbings should ship you a battery pigtail with connecting rings on one end and a coax connector for the clothes on the other. Wiring the fised pigtail to the battery is the only method I've ever seen. I don't have a clue what kind of connector you'd need for that B+ wire. The '09s are the first I've seen it on.

TL

Gerbings should ship you a battery pigtail with connecting rings on one end and a coax connector for the clothes on the other. Wiring the fised pigtail to the battery is the only method I've ever seen. I don't have a clue what kind of connector you'd need for that B+ wire. The '09s are the first I've seen it on.

TL

Thanks, TLMitchel. I'll be giving Gerbings a call tomorrow.

Thanks, TLMitchel. I'll be giving Gerbings a call tomorrow.

FWIW, I kinda soured on Gerbings when they started peddling the Chinese-manufactured controllers. They just aren't the product the original Heatroller is, and they don't stand behind them like the Heatroller developer does. You can get the real McCoy at:

Warm & Safe Heated Clothing and the Heat-troller for the Real Thing!

He's also got about every type of connector, pigtail or adapter you're ever likely to need. The new coax connectors won't work with a Battery Tender like the old SAE connectors did. If you use a Tender ( and you should!) you'll need a coax to Tender adapter.

TL

Before you go using just any plug you find, look in the service manual in the diagrams and see what you are hooking up to. It may be a data port and you will mess up the ECM by using it for anything else.

Back