free website stats program 09 Heritage oil level | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

09 Heritage oil level

It should say in the owners manual or factory manual how and when it should be checked. If in doubt, do it hot and check it after an oil change upright and on the side stand too and you will see the proper full level then. Put in 3 1/2 qts and see where it is. More than likely on your 09 it's on the side stand it gets checked.

yeah Glider i was thinkin that,hope so,alrite jody,check was done as per handbook(jiffy) same as dealer check,ta

Anyone know what HD reckon is an acceptable level of oil usage i.e 1litre per 1000mile etc,does style of riding have much to do with oil usage i.e lot of high speed motorway/freeway milage v moderate speeds around town etc,thanks fellas.:bigsmiley22:

If an engine is broken in correctly and a quality oil is used, there shouldn't be any oil usage.

Put in 3 1/2 qts and see where it is. More than likely on your 09 it's on the side stand it gets checked.

side-note. my 08 Heritage takes 3 qts engine oil (per the manual and confirmed in multiple oil changes) and HD web site shows the specs on 09's to be 3 1/2 qts as well as the Glider comment above. Not that it matters any to my 08, but what did Harley change mechanically to affect the oil capacity? I didn't think there were any major changes in the 09 Heritage other than appearance.

It's always advisable to under fill the capacity for the bike and then warm it up and recheck adding the amount needed to bring it to the proper level.

Handboook states idle 1-2 minutes upright on level ground then check level on jiffy stand - shop manual says idle 1-2 mins on jiffy stand then check - you choose

Back