free website stats program 08 models | Harley Davidson Forums

08 models

09ultra

Banned
I was wondering if I could hear the opinions on the 08 models. I know the 07 models had heat and tranny issues. (not trying to start any thing here) Just curious as if HD did anything new with the 08 models. Are there any issues with the 08's? I have heard of none and I am considering a 08 RK. Please chime in or feel free to message me on this. Too big of investment to make a mistake on. Thanks.

I traded my '04 RK (40500 miles) for my '08 Ultra. The only negative I have with the Ultra is that is a bit hotter in summer stop and go traffic. I have added a Screaming Eagle air intake and a Fuelpak, but won't know if it helped the heat until the summer comes around. On the plus side, this is a great machine. I have 6300 miles on it so far which includes a round trip Ohio-Florida. It runs extremely well, and is way more comfortable than my RK was. I even like the stock seat which is unusual. While in Sturgis last August, I took advantage of the Harley Demo day to ride all of the touring bikes several times, and settled on the Ultra as I like to do a lot of long rides. The fly-by-wire throttle, the cruise control, the Brembo brakes and the ABS make this a real winner. Absolutely, no transmission noise. I guess the IDS solved that problem.

I only have about 700 miles on my 08 FXDC, I havent had any problems and hopefully dont, I do love the 6 gear its great out on the Hwy. As for over heating I will have to wait untill this summer to find out

I have a 2008 Ultra . Mine runs hot and has a very distinctive whine in 5th gear. Other than that, it's an incredibly awesome ride. I put 1300 miles on it since I bought it in late November. It's in the shop for 1000 mile service now. I asked the dealer to do the heat management download to the computer so I hope that helps with the heat issue.

'08 Heritage here with 3500 miles. Put V&H Long BigShots a FuelPak and an SE airbox on it at 2500mi and I believe it is somewhat cooler, but we've yet to have the heat that we had here last September. Got the typical whine in 5th, but it is getting quieter with miles or I'm becoming used to it. BTW, getting about 10% better fuel mileage since the mods.
IMO, don't be afraid of the 08's, I love mine. So does the wife. Last November they closed the plant where I worked, and the first thing she said was "We ain't sellin' the Harley". Good woman.
D.Orr

I was wondering if I could hear the opinions on the 08 models. I know the 07 models had heat and tranny issues. (not trying to start any thing here) Just curious as if HD did anything new with the 08 models. Are there any issues with the 08's? I have heard of none and I am considering a 08 RK. Please chime in or feel free to message me on this. Too big of investment to make a mistake on. Thanks.
Go to V-Twin Cafe and read up on the heat issues with the new motor's. Harley put in narrow band oxygen sensor's which leans out the fuel too much, then charge you to do a flash that is suppost to fix problem but really doesn't solve it at all.

Go to V-Twin Cafe and read up on the heat issues with the new motor's. Harley put in narrow band oxygen sensor's which leans out the fuel too much, then charge you to do a flash that is suppost to fix problem but really doesn't solve it at all.

I have the heat management turned on on my 08 Ultra and this bike runs HOT! ( even with the stage one) After driving around town and climbing a couple of hills, the bike goes into cool down mode where it is running on just the front cylinder but this IMO does not seem to cool down engine temp. at least thats what my left leg is telling me. And this is with temps in the 70's and 80's. I can't imagine what it will be like this weekend when it is in the 90's. As for the trans whine in 5th, I fixed this by adding Spectro for 6 speeds. The bike has 4000 miles on it and trans noise is gone.
JMO, I would be reluctant to buy another 08 unless they fixed the heat issue. I want a water cooled Ultra...

Back