free website stats program 06 Dyna rear tire wearing out quickly | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

06 Dyna rear tire wearing out quickly

It surprises me how many people only get 5-6000 miles out of their tires. Mine made it just over 12,000 miles and I wasn't easy on it either (some burnouts, a couple wheelies and a lot of hard accelerating). Could be as others said, I do very little in the way of long straight riding. I did notice the wear start to accelerate when they chip sealed (oil and gravel re-surfacing, very rough surface) the roads here.

I got about 15,000 on my back tire and about 20,000 on my front on an '06 Wide Glide. Those were original Dunlop/Harley Davidsons.

I had less than 5000mi on the bike and the rear was looking pretty low. The dealer had a 20% discount going and the tire had maybe 20% left, I figured I was even and since I was getting it serviced I got it all done at the same time. I figure the front and rear will get changed next time, any recommendations for tire brands? I don't go on the freeway very often, mostly mountain roads and up and down the coast highway.

Friend of mine has the same bike and year, couldn't get any more than 4 or 5 thousand out of metzler or dunlop,tried Avon on the rear drove to Sturgis this year five thousand miles round trip tire is not half worn.

Hi dmz1965,

Just a suggestion: check the swing arm play and while you are at it, make a tool to check the axle alignment, see the manual. Check the axle alignment with the tool and then measure the center of the axle to center of swing arm pivot on both sides.

:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

Best,

Pixs

Back