free website stats program 04 Heritage won't do anything | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

04 Heritage won't do anything

That is great...Electrical issues on a motorcycle is so exasperating, and it is had to be zen like when we are exasperated.

Hi Dstumpman,

Joined the forum to thank you for posting this thread. My 03 Heritage Springer died going down the road today and had the same symptoms, only horn and odometer would work. I took the battery out, checked all the fuses and relays, noticed I could make the fuel pump work like you did, nothing helped.

Finally used my iPhone and found your thread....went home and got the ignition switch from my 1995 Road King, put it on my Heritage and it fired right up.

On my 1995 Road King the ignition switch got finicky on me, it would vibrate and turn the bike off, but I could always get it going again. I took it apart (all you need is snap ring pliers), cleaned it and it's been good to go for a long time.

Took my Heritage switch off, took it apart, it was all gunked up from the factory grease, cleaned it all out and got the contacts all shiny, and it's good to go. Zero money spent.

Thanks again for posting this thread, you gave me the clue to get me home today. :)

Back