free website stats program 04 Heritage won't do anything | Harley Davidson Forums

04 Heritage won't do anything

dstumpman

I have a 2004 heritage softail....my bike is basically dead...the only things that work are the running lights, the horn and digital odometer...no lights, no fuel pump,no instruments!!!! i have checked the fuses, and even replaced both relays...I do not have any voltage on the fuses of the items not working, actually reads to ground on these fuses???????

Hope your problem is not an April Fools being post #1:s
This sounds like a job for Hoople...

Where is he?

He'll be along soon. You know Every toolbox needs a Hoople.:D

Don't try this unless Hoople says it is ok or needed.

Now IF me, I.d jump a hot wire thru the fuse Just to see IF that item fused works...

If it does, then you have a power to that fuse problem (as you already know)

signed....BUBBIE

I have a 2004 heritage softail....my bike is basically dead...the only things that work are the running lights, the horn and digital odometer...no lights, no fuel pump,no instruments!!!! i have checked the fuses, and even replaced both relays...I do not have any voltage on the fuses of the items not working, actually reads to ground on these fuses???????

Check with a test light at the starter main battery lug do you have power,

The battery has 13+ volts and also at the fuse block, on some of the other items...i can also manually actuate the fuel pump relay and you can here the fuel pump come on......

I even armed/disarmed the security system....the lights came on...turn signals worked....instrument lights came on as the alarm system went through its sequence.....

rode saturday and stopped for a break....so far every thing is ok....but, when i went to crank it nothing happened...the running lights came on, the digital odometer came on.....the horn works and the brake lights work.......NO fuel pump, NO lights, NO instrument lights,NO turn signals........DEAD......

I have checked the fuses....even replaced both relays (system and fuel pump relay) no help......
I checked for voltage on the fuses... NO voltage on fuses for the non-working items,
the items that don't work are reading to ground.....strange, due to no fuses blown?????
I even started unplugging harnesses...did not help.
I armed/disarmed the security system....the lights, turn signals and instrument lights worked when the system went through the alarm/disarm sequence....????????????????????

Couple of things:

• Does the bike have a security system? If so, is the FOB push-button?
  • Has the bike been over on its side just before this problem started?
  • Do you have any codes?
  • What was the last thing done (project) to the bike before this problem started?

TQ

1. yes my fob is push button
2. no it hasn't
3. no codes
4. only project was almost 11 months ago....had a new frame

Do you have a VOM or DVOM? If not, you might run over to Harbor Freight, Northern Tools, Home Depot or Lowes and get one.

1. Measure the voltage across the battery terminals. (Should be somewhere north of 12.5 Vdc).
  2. With the VOM still connected, turn the switch on. What is the voltage now?
  3. If Vdc OK in #2 above, mash the start button. What happens to the voltage?
TQ

Hey guys....it turned out to be the ignition switch!!!!! I can pull up on the switch and everything works....cranks fine....I talked with two harley service dept. and they both suggested I check the ignition switch....had my doubts...but, thats the issue....Thanks for all the help.....

Back