free website stats program 0141 Tank Mounting Recall 2009-2010 | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

0141 Tank Mounting Recall 2009-2010

Could someone post a picture of the fix? I'm not going to lose any sleep over this recall but am curious to see how the fix works/looks. Thanks.

I agree don't loose to much sleep over this. If you get hit hard enough to crack these mounts the fire might be the least of your problems.

Agree w/STEVE07 - recalls are for a purpose b/c of ID'd problem/trend/safety. Best to get them completed ASAP for peace of mind & ownership responsibility. Plan to accomplish as soon as the snow melts & temp climbs to "tolerable" level for this 47-yr-old rider.

I don't wish to brow beat anyone on this campaign to fix the gas tanks of 09 and 10 touring bikes but there is a new twist in the story. Just last week a motor patrolman was involved in a crash in Arlington, TX. He hit a school bus and the bike exploded in flames. His bike did not have the improvements made to it yet. I think there are quite a few folks out there that are reluctant to get this done because they think it will never happen to them. I saw a picture of what was left of the bike after it burnt up and it was not pretty. One of the onlookers who saw the accident happen said the resulting fireball was horrific. Let's all get this taken care of quickly.

Back