free website stats program 0141 Tank Mounting Recall 2009-2010 | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

0141 Tank Mounting Recall 2009-2010

I just receive mine today. What exactly are these braces they want to install? Will they affect the looks or handling of the bike? Is it really necessary? Just a few thoughts I had.

called dealer after seeing it here first. they will send out recall notice when parts arrive. they said the parts were under odered by at least 50,000 units.
guess i'm pretty far down the tree.

Got my recall notice on Wednesday but thanks to Dakota's OP, got a call from my dealer on Tuesday that the recall on my bike is done and good to go :D

called dealer after seeing it here first. they will send out recall notice when parts arrive. they said the parts were under odered by at least 50,000 units.
guess i'm pretty far down the tree.

That sounds like a dealer BS story, they don't know how many bikes they built with that tank, Come on:newsmile055:

Has anyone seen these brackets? I have the Kuryakyn chrome neck covers on my 09 SG. Wondering if the I will be able to reinstall the neck covers after the bracket install?

my dealer installed mine at no cost to me took about 10 mins. all it is is 4 peices of plastic on the front of the tank mount. no big deal

I received my tank recall notice yesterday (day after Christmas). I already knew of this recall but my dealer told me they are not doing the recall until the owner of the bike receives his/her recall letter. The reason being is because it is such a large recall. Makes sense I guess, this way it does not create a huge back log on the service department.
I think if there are that many then they should have a special event and have a day of nothing but tank recall repairs. Serve hamburgers and hot dogs with some free beer, live music the whole works. I mean why not they have an event for everything else, right? Just a thought?
Well you all have a great Holiday Season and may the coming of the NEW YEAR bring you all you wish for.

Haven't received my recall notice yet but called my dealer and I am scheduled for the mod once they receive more parts. Dealer will do the retro-fit free of charge.

Got my recall from MOCO yesterday. Going to the dealer Tuesday to see when they want to do it. Not too concerned though. Sounds like just a precaution.

Back