free website stats program Your thought on the Stage 2 upgrade. | Harley Davidson Forums

Your thought on the Stage 2 upgrade.

I started out with my new 2018 107 M-8 Ultra Limited (low).Being a rider of both the Metric and Big Twins. I look at it this way. My Harley is now like this. 72 inch big screen HD TV with surround sound and LED lighting. Nestled in a Lazy Boy chair with onboard massage therapy.
I was just about to sell her when the thought came to me. I took my 2018 M-8 replaced the stock cam with the SE power cam. change the exhaust with real clean and I mean real clean header pipes with Tab Performance Slip-On with Zombies and slash cut tips.I drilled and tapped the header pipes so I could use Wide Band Dual O2 Sensors. Got her to breathe better with a Screaming Eagle high flow air cleaner. Then put in the brain to pull it all together. Power commander V with an Auto Tuner. At this point the Dealership is NO HELP !! I called Power Commander and this guy went Virtual Reality through my laptop computer. First installed Map 15-042-023 to bring her live. With the motorcycle on my lift and running he tuned her like Frankenstein's bride. With screams she is alive.
No my Harley runs and sounds great and I am glad I kept her. No why want Dealerships work with you to make customers happy without kidnapping them and holding them up for ransom. They will sell you the parts all day but will not work on them or install them ?

Dealership will not help You void Your warranty.
My question is the push the Stage 2,3 and even the stage 4. If you let them put in the parts.Like in the SE power cam which I let them do.You get a warranty on the engine work. As for the engine work there is only one place to get that cam bearing out.This from a dealer or a Certified Mechanic who takes pride in their work. Everything else can be done with a good set of tools ,pride and read the instructions. I have a good relationship with the dealership.
I found that dealing with the Harley Davidson people and dealership. I found that it's like two different crowds of people. Those who want let anyone work on the bikes and there are the one who have more money than they know what to do with. Just like the dealership that I visit want put tires on any motorcycle unless you buy them from them.There cost on tires is that suggested MSRP. So putting tires on my Ultra Limited Low is almost $900 dollars. But I can tell you like this that I do not have anywhere near the rapport with the Metric bike dealerships.I ask myself all the time WHY are there some many brand new HD for sale? For some reason no one can tell me the truth about way. Maybe you can. Maybe it's like when I was looking for exhaust. Everyone talks about sound. I was talking about performance .Coming from the owning metric bikes. I found out that HD actually have sounds patented.

Back