free website stats program Your opinion wanted | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Your opinion wanted

The logical side says safety, comfort, performance and then cosmetics.

The testosterone side says performance, safety, comfort and then cosmetics.

Either way, if I'm upgrading anything visible, I do keep in mind the cosmetic but I never do anything that doesn't serve some function first. When all my money is spent and I have time to wrench, then I look at things I can do that only cost me time like hiding my wires inside the handlebars or relocating the horn and coil away from the view of the engine.

Thanks Jack, which model do you recommend? they have TFI, Gen 3, Gen 3.5, and some other one that's $100 more.

If the only mods you do are stage 1 and better flowing exhaust then the Gen 3 will fit your needs. More air and freer flowing exhaust will lean it out more than it already is, the Gen 3 will give you the needed fuel to offset the mods and will also help to cool the engine.

I always found it to be a pain to have to look down at the dash to know if my blinkers were on. Also, anything to improve visibility is a good thing. If not active, the mirror side indicators disappear into the mirrors, and the front side indicators also provide additional running light function. They are a bit pricey today (they were then, but not this pricey), but were one of the best investments I have put on (and there are a lot): Muth Mirror Systems - Harley Davidson Angular Cruiser Signal® Mirror
0000408_harley-davidson-oval-cruiser-signal-mirror.jpeg

Enjoy,
Rich P

Back