free website stats program York Assembly Plant | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

York Assembly Plant

Was there in July. Awesome tour.
WAP.gif

Went thru the Pilgrim Road Driveline plant today. I work across the street. Being saturday there wasnt anyone working. Just a bunch of shut down machines and a million parts

Been to the plant, great tour. Recommend to anyone who likes bikes or manufacturing. Gettysburg also great and the AACA museum in Hershey is cool too.

I was planning on going to Gettysburg this past Spring and visit Lancaster County too. Someone had suggested that while i was down there I should check out the HD plant in York. I thought that was a most excellent idea and planned part of my trip around it.
We took the Steel Toes Tour. It cost a bit more but it was a solid two hour tour. Very thorough. I marveled at the robotics that they used there. It was good to see those American workers working on our bikes. It made me feel proud. I highly recommend that tour to anyone who wants to get a new sense of appreciation for our bikes. I sure did!. :s

I did the tour with my sister about two years ago. She was in the final stages of breast cancer. It was the last thing we did together as family. We did it because I am a rider, she had a friend she rode with occasionally, and my niece, her daughter was giving a presentation in Harrisburg. My sister made me laugh a lot on that trip. The York Factory tour will always hold a special memory for me.

Back