free website stats program Yellowstone Road const. | Harley Davidson Forums

Yellowstone Road const.

walleye

Contributor
I know from previous posts, there was some road construction near Yellowstone park. We will be there soon coming form the South through the Teton's and leaving through Bear Tooth pass. Anyone know if this is complete? Thanks.

It's the south entrance to Yellowstone that has the road construction. It begins about 10 miles inside the park and continues for about 8miles. The road is graded but full of dirt, gravel and ruts. There are signs warning motorcylists to be extremely cautious and it is passable if you are very careful.

I doubt that the Park Service has had time to finish the construction in the 2 weeks that have passed since I rode that route. The east entrance through Cody was clear of construction 2 weeks ago and I was informed that the North and West entrances were free of construction.

The National Park Service could probably give you the phone number of their main office in Yellowstone. The people there could give you a better idea of the progress of the south entrance construction.

As for Beartooth try Google. with google you can fine anything.
1-888-285-INFO (4636)
CFLHD Beartooth Updates and for the yellowstone south entrance hwy89 it was raw dirt and mud for 9 miles from the water truck. here check this photo from Aug. 2nd. my buddy with his 1996 bad boy had a problem with his bike's carb float stuck. But with the help of a stick and a rock we unstuck it.

SOUTH ENTRANCE TO YELLOWSTONE 9 MILES OF DIRT AND MUD jeffs carb float hung up.jpg

SOUTH ENTRANCE TO YELLOWSTONE PARK.jpg

I would ride the ride!

If we had omitted the Beartooth pass run because we heard of the road work, we'd have missed one of the high lights of the trip.

By all means,ride the ride. It is nice to know where the road work is so ya can changed the route for a better and safer ride. When we went to Yellowstone and Glacier National parks we changed out route threw Idaho to Utah. Hwy 15 near Idaho falls had about 30-40 miles of Chip and seal road work at 35 mph, changeing of our route to hwy 89 all the way to Yellowstone was much nicer,safer and quicker.

If you're coming up from the south, stay to the east roads and you'll be fine. Ask at the gate when you get there and they'll show you where the construction is. Have a great ride!!!

We have reservations inside the park, and the park concession people sent us this email:

Greetings from Yellowstone!
This is a reminder that the road between Norris and Madison inside Yellowstone National Park will be closed for the season effective August 17. Please plan your park travel accordingly and allow adequate travel time to reach your destination.

Click here for complete road closure details.
We look forward to your upcoming visit to Yellowstone.
Your friends at Yellowstone National Park Lodges
ArtPaintPot.jpg

Artists' Paint Pots will be accessible from the north, from the south the road will be closed at the Tuff Cliff Picnic Area.

Back