free website stats program Yellow Light Flashes Most of the Time | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Yellow Light Flashes Most of the Time

Just over a 1/2-turn, and did not replace the gaskets. I'll replace those when I do my cams and tensioners...month or 2. Just want to enjoy riding for a bit...

Enjoy,
Rich P

No kidding. A 1/2 turn took care of that list of problems. I have to check mine. I don't hear a leak but I do have a slight surge while holding 1st gear doing 2500 RPM. I am always so afraid of tightening exhaust header nuts. They just break studs too easily..
Thanks for any help.

No kidding. A 1/2 turn took care of that list of problems. I have to check mine. I don't hear a leak but I do have a slight surge while holding 1st gear doing 2500 RPM. I am always so afraid of tightening exhaust header nuts. They just break studs too easily..
Thanks for any help.

Hoop, lock washers new nuts torque them and forget them, The factory nuts are junk IMO

Hoop, lock washers new nuts torque them and forget them, The factory nuts are junk IMO

I prefer to double nut them with a wee bit of copper grease on the threads as in this part of the world they can rust into place fairly easily then you end up extracting the studs

Brian

Jack, you mean like Brass rather than steel? Or just better grade steel nuts?

I have terrible luck with exhaust header studs and nuts. Even on a good day I usually break 1/2 of them.

Jack, you mean like Brass rather than steel? Or just better grade steel nuts?

I have terrible luck with exhaust header studs and nuts. Even on a good day I usually break 1/2 of them.

Either or, I like t use Brass high nuts if u can still find them:s

Back