free website stats program Yamaha's version of Street Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

Yamaha's version of Street Glide

rkrdr2

It's called a Stratoliner Deluxe..(nowhere as cool as Street Glide)..there is a small pic and article in the new Cycle World mag....bat wing fairing,stereo,1854cc air cooled 4 valve per cylinder V-twin.No engine spec's are listed and it only comes in one color..all for $17,500....I guess the only way to compete with the most popular touring bike is to build one that looks real similar...sad

A friend has the Stratoliner, said it is not too comfy on a long {100 mile } ride. funny how guys on jap bikes seem to prefer to ride in shorts and flip flops, why is that? Oh I almost forgot that quite a few seem to have the sunglasses on the eyebrows and squinty eyes while on a ride

How did it go, copying is the greatest form of flattery...even if they are mistakes, they added 'eh "character".

My brother has the Royal star midnight special, he's happy with it but I was wondering if the cooling fins on these newer bikes are plastic like his are. Also the bags look a bit small / kind of out of place, the more I look'd at the yamaha site the happier I am with my H-D'S.

I cannot begin to understand how the Jap bike manufacturers can outright clone the looks of a Harley and get away with it.

If a Jap car manufacturer attempted to clone the Mustang or Camero styling they would be shutdown in a heartbeat.

What’s the difference?

H D has been copied for years I wonder what corporate thinks about this still cant beat the real deal JMO

Back