free website stats program XM Radio Mounts / installation | Harley Davidson Forums

XM Radio Mounts / installation

I 've installed an XM radio on my /09 Ultra. The antenna comes with the radio and I just velcro'd it to the fairing on the small shelf above the left speaker. I plugged the power chord into the cig lighter on the fairing and I made my own mount out of some scrap aluminum. I also have a GPS mounted so I mounted the XM radio mount to one end of the handlebar Ram mount u bolt for the GPS. Everything works just fine. I also use the FM transmitter in the XM radio to run through the bikes stereo system on an unused FM radio frequency.

I added the XM reciever/antenna to my Garmin. It Plugs into the AUX input like an MP3 player. I mounted my Garmin Zumo 550(with XM antenna) to the recessed area above the Tach on the dash of the streetglide via a diamond shaped "Ram mount" ball, a short arm and another ball mounted on the Zumo. The power cord is plumbed into the accessory switch plug which is actually under the seat. I also have another identical ram mount ball on the same area over the Speedo so I can run my MP3 player or other accessory. Ram Mount has some great solutions and a place called "cyclegadgets.com" has all kinds of neat gizmos and solutions.

tks people. I measured out a location today where it will fit but before i started to rig something together thought i would check on here. Pretty sure i have run across some actual mounting brackets .. just don't remember where i saw them

Küryakyn has an accessory mount only $40 and available in 1 1/4" bar clamp for HD...works great, and MOCO sells cigar/accessory outlet with HD cover with additional "Y" cord adapter so no special wiring is required.

Guy on Ebay has a bracket that mounts on your mastercylinder works great.Holds the radio and a flat spot for antenna.Put the power wire into the fairing andit's a go.

Just installed GPS and XM on 09 Urlta that I had taken off of 07 Road King Classic. Used Tech Mount brackets for both on RK, looked clean (chrome) and very secure. On Ultra used new inter fairing mount from HD. Great location and cleans up handle bars and fairing. Mounted XM radio under outer fairing. Run stereo cable from Zumo audio to radio port then use AUX.to receive sound. Zumo fully functional.

Back